cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surveys

Fixes: 125

Surveys

Does anyone else find it a little intrusive and annoying when you get a pop-up for a survey within seconds of entering a site...

...especially if it's the first time you've been there?
How can one give any feed back if all you have done is managed a quick look at the home page?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Surveys

Sometimes the popup is that instant & big enough to spoil the view of the site
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah... annoying.. but I just ignore them... click the little X and carry on regardless...

I opened a site just a while a go (which prompted this thread) and about 10 minutes later got another pop-up asking if I wanted to chat to an agent.
That's akin to walking into a store and being accosted by a salesman asking 'can I help you'. If I wanted help I'll ask for it Wink

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

TORPC
Grafter

Microsoft is a big contender in the popup race
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I just hit alt +tab so I can do the survey later, if I can be bothered, most of the time though I don't mind them as the more people who answer constructively about things the better the geeks get at making stuff useable for the average folk Smiley
I hated a change Tesco made to there site a while back and after complaining to them it got put back, yet they also made some other changes that made the site far better and simpler to navigate (like adding in the lowest>highest filter on search's)
I doubt I'm the only person who complained but I bet I was one of the few who bothered to fill out the web complaint survey instead of just emailing customer services ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

I have nothing against surveys per-se and have filled in quite a few over the years.
I just object to one being thrust into my face as soon as I enter a site Roll eyes

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not so bothered about the survey popups as i just click X but its the popups that are badly written and don't go away when you click X that annoys me.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

They could use something like
<window title="popup-onhover-demo" border="normal">
<button label="Hover me" tooltip="popup, delay=999999" />
</window>
<popup id="popup" top="200px"
left="350px">
<label value="Hover message showing!!!" />
</popup>