cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey request pop up AGAIN !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Survey request pop up AGAIN !

When I finished the last post (about junk mail)   I had the second request to take part in the survey since I logged on about half an hour ago....I refused, as usual.... and was returning to the list of posts on the forum, and the survey request popped up again... that`s twice in about 30 seconds...  I thought these "cookies" were supposed to remember that I had already said no, originally, and again just now...  It will probably appear if I open up "tech help" board... before too long....

Cookies... pah... boil them all ! .Huh

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: Survey request pop up AGAIN !

@shutter - Had you opened another window or tab? If you had then this will be the reason.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I expect the plusnet brains are on a roll.

They've updated billing so maybe they're having a go at junking improving the forum as well.

Community Veteran

@Mook wrote:

@shutter - Had you opened another window or tab? If you had then this will be the reason.

No... It was the original "Window" with the forum on it....  interestingly... the new window with Tech Help.. has not produced a survey request................. Yet !..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Fair enough, the reason I mentioned it was that as I don't keep cookies, when I log in and I want to reply to a post (before the popup pops up) I open it in a new tab. Depending on the time taken I'll get asked when I commit the post. Then when I close the tab and return to the main window (tab) the popup's already there.

Community Veteran

I love cookies chocolate ones Wink

RobPN
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@billnotben wrote:

I expect the plusnet brains are on a roll.

They've updated billing ...

Updated ... that's one description to explain what's happened to it ... maybe not the best word though!  Roll eyes

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

W10 keeps asking me whether I like or dislike its various lock screen pictures, yet I get the same ones coming up again and again regardless of whether I clicked "Like" or "Not a fan".

Community Veteran

@Jonpe  so glad I reverted back to Win 7 pro.... at least I only have PlusNet annoying me..Angry... you have Plusnet AND microsoft !  Grin