Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supermarkets ... Parking in Disabled and Parent & Child Bays

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Supermarkets ... Parking in Disabled and Parent & Child Bays

Shoppers who park in bays meant for the disabled and parents with young children face fines of up to £70 under a crackdown by Tesco.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3827932/Tesco-shoppers-face-70-fine-using-parent-disabled-sp...

Our local Aldi already does this......

Personally, unless it is very early in the day (6am) I prefer to park well away from the store entrance, opposite a Trolley Bay.

No hassle at all.

It takes just a few extra seconds to walk to / from the store.

Always lots of spaces, even on busy days.

26 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Supermarkets ... Parking in Disabled and Parent & Child Bays

The offenders should be awarded an ASBO for the first offence, then a 30 day driving disqualification for subsequent offences (60 days if it's a BMW owner)

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

SWMBO recently attended Tesco as a collector with a bucket for a cause we are associated with, this involved her being in the car park all morning and exceeding the two hour rule. The staff showed her the sophisticated CCTV monitoring system with registration number recognition and programmed in her reg number job done!  And this is in a small store in Filey. Big brother is watching youPolice

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

One of my pet Hates !!!  idiots who use disabled bays as normal parking GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Hero

The only understanding I have for this is that the usual bays are so blinking narrow. All done to squash more cars in I suppose. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

And bucket chuggers blocking entrances and checkouts. Crazy2

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Worse places for this offence is near ATM's.

There's one in particular about ten steps away from the cash machine and virtually every time I went there, there was a car parked halfway across the disabled bay. None were ever embarrassed or repentant and those that I asked to move were often downright argumentative.

Laughably just across the road is the local police station.

2u2me
Aspiring Pro

Only go in car now once a month for "big shop". and try to park well away from entrance after seeing too many attempted parking  "maneuvers" . 

Minivanman
Hero

Funny you should say that

nadger
Rising Star

I normally use Parent & Child bays at our local Aldi as they are wider and more convenient to store entrance.

At 81, and having had radical cancer surgery, I need to open door fully and don't feel in the least bit guilty. That said I never park in disabled bays.

2u2me
Aspiring Pro

Minivanman wrote:

And bucket chuggers blocking entrances and checkouts. Crazy2

Bugs me too,

How inconsiderate some folk are, shoving a bucket up your nose while you are trying to push a fully ladened chariot out of the door,they are the first to ask for help, but give little thanks in return (Victor Meldrew  mode) Smiley

Fixes: 47

Parked up in Tesco 'parent and child' area with daughter and her kids.

A woman on her own pulled up alongside.

As she got out she saw me looking disapprovingly and said "I'm a big kid"

I suggested an alternative as she walked away.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

It's only an ANPR system - Athena if I remember correctly by UKPC who seem to manage most of their stores car parks.

It's a pretty simply principle really.. camera picks up a car either via a live stream or a photo when a trigger is triggered, OCR takes place to pick out the vehicle registration and it's recorded into the database along with the entry time.

When it goes out it's leaving time is recorded - thus the time difference can be compared to determine how long you were there.

What it doesn't do, is check blue badges, children etc.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 124

nadger wrote:

I normally use Parent & Child bays at our local Aldi as they are wider and more convenient to store entrance.

When I used to take my mum shopping before I got her a blue badge I wondered what would be said if I parked in a Parent & Child bay. After all, we are parent and child Wink Although I do remember seeing an upper age limit of 14 in one car parkRoll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

nadger wrote:

At 81, and having had radical cancer surgery, I need to open door fully and don't feel in the least bit guilty. That said I never park in disabled bays.

But then you're one of those who could be seen as misusing those bays. You realise that at 81 with the health complications you face, you'd probably get a blue badge that would permit you to use disabled bays?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!