cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supermarket parking explained !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Supermarket parking explained !

Ok.so it is "staged".... but it`s fun to watch.....
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7422706314303580531&hl=en#
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Supermarket parking explained !

Very funny.
But isn't it funny how carefully people open their car doors when you are still in the car as opposed to being parked next to an empty car, when they don't care if they bash it.
N/A

And isn't it funny how people don't give a toss when and how they open their car doors when parked on the road?
A few weeks ago my other half was riding on his mobility scooter on the pavement, taking the dogs for a walk. It was early evening and he had his lights on.
Some kind person had parked his van on the wrong side of the road, partially on the pavement and flung his door open without looking.
Scooter and rider both now damaged, the miscreant doesn't give a ........... and won't give any details of home address or telephone number so he has had to consult a solicitor.
He was too busy transferring crates and crates of booze from said van into house!
Angry
itsme
Grafter

What speed was the mobility scooter doing to get damaged?
N/A

Being a mobility scooter, it can't have been very fast - also, he was taking two of the dogs out so this would make the speed even slower.
However, the issue was not speed, it was a) parking on the pavement b) parking on the wrong side of the road c) flinging the door open without checking that it was clear to do so.
Despite all this, the police were not interested and only gave an incident number.
itsme
Grafter

Speed is an issue as mobility scooters are limited to 4mph when on the pavement. If your partner is like other users of mobility scooters they normally exceed this which is far more dangerous to other pedestrians.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

My wife's scooter -the collapsible car transportable type- pretty basic with no lights etc. is allegedly limited to 4mph, I'm certain on a smooth surface like a shopping mall tiled surface it will go at much much more than this. The far larger and heavier, fully equipped "road" going type are supposed to be limited to 8mph. since I regularly get alongside one of these on my morning trip in traffic, it keeps up with me at over 15mph and possibly more at times.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Great video Smiley  Brings a ray of sunshine on this horrible afternoon  Smiley
Community Veteran

But the one next to it is more in keeping with the climate.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1386671/car_crash_and_accidents/
strange how accidents like this are popular - - ok as long as no one hurt I suppose
Community Veteran

Quote from: mal0z
strange how accidents like this are popular

I think its even stranger that there seems to be someone handy with a camera at just the right moment to film it!!!

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Reminds me of a news report a few years ago - the reporter was alongside a motorway and explaining how safe they were compared to other roads.
Half way through the report - you see an accident behind the reporters shoulders.
But maybe it's like wildlife films - they spend hour upon hour just waiting with cameras ready to roll, just to get a few seconds of good images.
But then again - what is the appeal of sitting by the side of the road.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: mal0z

But then again - what is the appeal of sitting by the side of the road.

Ask any "Eddie Spotter"......  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Can anything be more boring Roll eyes  Real anoraks Smiley
Community Veteran

Agreed. however, there's an Eddie Stobart Spotters club and website (not free) that has been going for some years. In its original guise it was a great way of keeping the kids amused on a long journey (I'm told by some parts of my extended family as it wasn't around when mine were young, had it been so I might have indulged them)