Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supermarket Funnies

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Supermarket Funnies

Anyone seen any bizarre on-screen messages at the checkout lately? I snapped this one a while back and wonder if the repair guy was having a joke? You bet I'd like assistance Cheesy

Tesco Condoms.jpg

48 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Funny Self Service Checkouts

I saw one spoof sketch somewhere recently where after following a lot of conflicting and confusing instructions, the machine was finally able to get the customers put the shopping bag on their head - whereupon the machine said to the one next to it, "I told you I'd be able to get somebody to do that!" Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I've lived a sheltered life so excuse me for asking but what do you do with the parsley?

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

I don't think the parsley enters into this equation..., Huh it's the first item in the list that gets the LOL moment Grin

That said I've heard that parsley is good for bad breath so maybe the shopper was taking precautionary measures very seriously.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

I'm not saying I have any against this retailer but Star Wars fans might enjoy this one! Seems like the retailers has gone all out with this product and especially given they also give Jedi-Card points too. Every little helps! Wink

Image result for funny tesco.jpg

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Couldn't resist one more before I go to bed...

Stock 3P Photos_Funny_008.jpg

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

@MKSlinky  I thought perhaps it was one of those "Buy 24 condoms, get free parsley" offers.Laugh

I see it's ok to buy regular condoms when there is no check-out 'girl' to impress.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

I think you're missing the point.., the on-screen message is referring to the personal care item which in this instance is the condoms. Checking the size & fit before you buy is one thing but asking for assistance might be too much of a temptation for some people. I can imagine the queues of men at the changing rooms waiting for a helping hand! Cheesy

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

@MKSlinky  Thank you, I got the joke the first time, I just thought I'd have a bit of fun with the parsley (no not THAT kind of fun). Laugh

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

LOL.., that's your excuse! Personally I think you have a parsley fetish! Funny That's okay by me, I'm pretty easy going, some people it's root vegetables whilst others seem to prefer squash's. The mind boggles how you use parsley though?

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Funny picture today is.... 'Welsh Lady Assorted Fudge' yummy!

Image result for tesco self.jpg

Luzern
Pro

All I can say to that is "hee-haw"!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Just looked that up, now wishing I hadn't. Shocked

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Luzern
Pro

@Minivanman

Were you looking up "yee-haw", which has somewhat different connotations to my "hee-haw (ee-aw) of a donkey? I suppose it all hinges in the type of ass that enthuses you.Evil

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.