Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunday night on ITV

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Sunday night on ITV

Boring ! or what....
1974 james bond film..... c`mon  40 yr old films in the 21st century.... surely they could afford a proper programme, the amount of advertising they are selling
followed by...
19:00  Get your act together....... so called "variety entertainment"... where a number of minor tv celebs, and others are trained by "experts" to do their stuff.... in a competition, to find a winner.... blimey.... talk about cheapskate entertainment.... just re-hashing BGT and X-Factor in a differnt guise
followed by...
20:15    All star family fortunes..... again... a vintage t.v. programme being re-hashed, with so called celebs getting their families on the telly, answering stooopid questions......
Uh.... Errrrrr...
Cheesy
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Sunday night on ITV

It's back 20.00 on BBC2 Top Gear  Grin Grin Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yeah it must be said ITV are clearly taking the pee out of the viewing public. As you say shutter, a 40 year old film isn't going to entertain many people today. They need to let those old ones go now - it's been far too long.
Can't wait for the new TG tonight..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

One Day in Auschwitz on Discovery for me.
Fixes: 104

generally watch a film or recorded stuff, can't remember the last time we watched broadcast TV on Saturday or Sunday.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

BBC1 not doing  much better.... despite having Freeview... there`s hardly anything that I am really "THAT" interested in, enough to waste time watching...... so...

I`ll stay on the forum..... much more entertaining.. ..  .. ..  ..   Cheesy
Community Veteran

You've got Mr Selfridge on ITV and Last Tango in Halifax on the Beeb tonight!  Shocked
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Like I said....... I`ll stay on the forum  !  Cheesy
Fixes: 123

Quote from: dvorak
generally watch a film or recorded stuff, can't remember the last time we watched broadcast TV on Saturday or Sunday.

Same here.
Rarely watch anything 'live' on ITV or other commercial channels these days due to the number of lengthy ads Angry
SWMBO bought the Christmas Radio Times again last year and I couldn't be bothered to go through it like I used to do back in the day Wink
I recorded a program on ITV the other day which I thought may be interesting; I Never Knew That About Britain. I managed to make it to the first ad break before deleting. What a load of boring tosh!
Half the problem is so much seems to be dumbed down intellectually these days.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@shutter:- you could always fill in the forms on https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/opendatadownload/products.html and get 20 free DVDs of OS maps.
(allow 2 weeks delivery).
that should amuse you for 5 minutes Roll eyes...............some may not be appropriate
Community Veteran

Actually, apart from the forum... I do like watching Japanese films/tv series on YouTube.... ( they have english subtitles. ) 
Community Veteran

I was watching a few old episodes of Public Eye with Alfred Burke.
Far more entertaining than most of the tat on TV.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter
Actually, apart from the forum... I do like watching Japanese films/tv series on YouTube.... ( they have english subtitles. ) 

I wqas just going to suggest you turn to youtube.. trouble is though that i've run out of things to search for on there  Roll eyes The other problem is that their main page remembers your previous searches and starts suggesting content that you've already seen before - instead of anything flaming new  Angry
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

ITV specifically, just Mr. Selfridge for us...... however on other Channels
BBC1: Call The Midwife, Last Tango in Halifax
BBC2: Top Gear
Channel 4: Evil Dead Film
Channel 5: The Darkest Hour Film
BBC4: Sound of Song
So that's 9 hours....
However, we didn't watch any of them, all recorded on Freesat PVR to watch later in the week.

We did watch back to back episodes of Blue Bloods though.
Which included this shot !!!!!
Stockport in New York City !