cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunday Express - scandal of fit to work appraisals

pin2011
Grafter

Sunday Express - scandal of fit to work appraisals

I don't normally read any of the 'newspapers' especially on a Sunday but this one was left for me to read and I was astonished to find this article by Kirsty Buchanan page 36. I didn't know or expect that a French company Atos was carrying out these 'fit to work' assessments on behalf of the DWP and its costing an absolute fortune.  To quote " Atos will pocket more than £1bn" over the remainder of its contract. "It is having 574 cases overturned every working day" Well I would add that the whole thing is not working and why do we need the French to sort out who is and who isn't "FIT" to work?
I read this article and wonder just how many more gaffes are out there just waiting to bite the hand that feeds it. Huh
2 REPLIES
annerimmington
Grafter

Re: Sunday Express - scandal of fit to work appraisals

Why on earth can`t the Department of Work and Pensions carry out their own assessments ?    Not as if they are short-staffed or anything (having worked for them in the past as secretary to a lot of senior executives) I know they are not exactly over-worked Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Sunday Express - scandal of fit to work appraisals

Because thats the way the UK works now anne.
Put up a big juicy contract for the highest bidder so they can milk it for every penny providing the lowest cost service while and creaming off the fattest profit. It helps if the company is also foreign so that the money escapes the UK just that bit faster.
Look at Bombardier, UK government do not want to support them in the slightest and then proclaim that manufacturing should revive the UK  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!