cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer Fuel Allowance

nadger
Rising Star

Summer Fuel Allowance

Have just received email from DECC saying that, in view of poor weather, I'm entitled to new Summer Fuel Allowance.
Seems that this will be a one off payment and will be delivered, in cash, by G4S
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Summer Fuel Allowance

It will never arrive.
We should be entitled to compensation from the Met Office for expenses incurred as a result of the bad summer.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Strat
It will never arrive.

Not a secure transaction then... Roll eyes
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: nadger
Have just received email from DECC saying that, in view of poor weather, I'm entitled to new Summer Fuel Allowance.
Seems that this will be a one off payment and will be delivered, in cash, by G4S

I wonder why anyone should trust their security to that "shower".... especially with the record of the number of prisoners "lost in transit".... what were the government thinking ? 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

You think they were thinking, I think not  Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: shutter
especially with the record of the number of prisoners "lost in transit".... what were the government thinking ? 

Given the cost of accommodating prisoners these days, maybe it does make financial sense.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Heloman
Grafter

Here we go again. Blame the gubbmint for everything.
It was not the government who employed  G4S it was LOCOG, which is a private company.
There are not many security companies in the UK who are big enough to do such work.
Agreed G4S have made a right mess of it, but who would you have employed instead?
And please don't say the Services. They were already employed in vast numbers on Olympic  work that can only be done by Armed Forces.
They are overstretched as it is, and bringing them in now is adding insult to injury.....
David_W
Rising Star

Interesting question, who would I have used instead of G4S?  Well, I'd have put an offer out to police officers who were not working, on holiday to come and help out (for free, transport and accommodation paid for) as G4S security guards have no legal right of stop and search, or stop, or anything really.  I'd also have put out an offer for members of the armed forces who also were on leave, or stationed in the UK and not working, they also have no legal powers so would work with the police officers to assist them.  Police officers and military personal who took up the offer would get a ticket to an event with their family as a reward.  To make up the short fall I would bring in members of the armed forces who were on duty, naturally they would be paid but they wouldn't get the free tickets.
As it is now we have security guards with no powers, they are not even able to physically restrain a suspected terrorist as that's assault, and if they ask "what's in the bag sir?" you can say "mind your own business" and they can't demand to inspect the contents (okay, they can prevent you entering enclosed area, but it would need a police officer to be present if you decide to barge your way through).  We have military staff who also have no powers (like security guards that are normal members of the public and have no more powers over another person than you or I do).
The final option would be to have sought for help from the general public, get a free shirt and a hat!
Community Veteran

In a statement yesterday it was stated that guards do have a legal right to stop and search within the Olympic Park.
It was announced in Parliament this week that free tickets will be provided to military personnel for the work they will do.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Should be a summer pumping and drainage allowance.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.