Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sugar

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Sugar

interesting that it totally ignores the problems of aspartame fermenting into formaldehyde in the stomach when consumed with a hot drink, nor does it mention that saccharin in a hot drink creates methanol, both chemicals are toxic to humans, the EU has ordered that a replacement be found that isn't similarly dangerous and that by oct 2017 both of those sweeteners cease to be used (no doubt that deadline will get extended)
but hey don't let the truth get I the way of a good old rant about sugar being the devil ......

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 341

Remember organic food causes autism:

margarine consumption lowers divorce:

and lack of pirates cause global warming:

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Community Veteran

Quote from: dvorak
Quote from: 7up
Artificial sweeteners are not good. I'd rather stick with sugar.

i found this an interesting read http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/upshot/the-evidence-supports-artificial-sweeteners-over-sugar.html

An interesting article, the results of which have been known for a long time. I don't use sugar at all but do need to sweeten tea, coffee and some food. I always use sucralose based sweetener. It's available in tablet and powder form so suitable for all my needs.
Fixes: 341

i don't sweeten any hot drinks, have switched to water for most of my drinks with a glass or two of pepsi max a day.
which i'm sure is healthier than walking down euston road every day, which will probably kill me first Roll eyes

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Fixes: 173

I do have some sugar in a jar but only for guests wanting some in their tea or coffee.
I stopped using it years ago and have never used artificial sweeteners.
I do put a little honey on my shredded wheat in the morning but could easily do without that as I have no doubt honey is bad for me in some report.
Friends tell me they couldn't imagine taking tea or coffee without sugar but it's surprising how quickly you adapt to the change. 

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit)

Community Veteran

I've tried tea and coffee without sweeteners but really don't like the taste. I don't keep ordinary sugar in the house. Visitors are offered sweeteners if they want them.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

which is kinda the point really, our atmosphere is so heavily polluted with benzoates and other complex chemical nasty's that cause cancer and weight gain and all sorts of other life threatening conditions its a wonder anyone actually cares about what they eat or drink in comparison, there was a study performed a few years ago which suggested that standing on a hilltop in the middle of nowhere smoking you inhaled half as many carcinogens as walking down any street in London / it wasn't widely published and was largly poo-poo'd by the scientific community (who are all funded by the various big business that have a vested interest in keeping it quiet)
the big food companies make billions out of adding harmful chemicals to food, dye I395 was in food for decades before anyone realised what it did to the body (added to give a richer colour to increase sales) yet any study that found it to be a harmful substance was quashed....

added sugar has never been good for humans in large quantities yet in smaller amounts is useful, hence why slaves were used to grow so much of it in the Americas, but strangely despite its prolific use for more than two hundred years its only in the last 30 that there has been any real problems, which makes you wonder if perhaps the real problems are not the other junk that's been added to everything along the way ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 173

Quote from: nanotm
added sugar has never been good for humans in large quantities yet in smaller amounts is useful, hence why slaves were used to grow so much of it in the Americas

That has just gone way over my head Undecided.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit)

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I use artificial sweeteners in my hot drinks, i used to buy sweetex until I discovered cologran at lidl for £1.40 I can get 1200 tablets. Lasts me months, ingredients are Cylamates, saccharins, sodium carbonates, sodium citrates and milk. As far as I know there has only ever been one study on artificial sweeteners that didn't prove very much and if it isn't the sweeteners that kill me I'm quite positive it will be something else.
As for Tesco banning Ribena for ' the sake of our children ' perhaps the same children better stay away from fruit that is good for you ' not so much for your teeth so pack a toothbrush and some toothpaste in that lunchbox '
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I prefer to not consume artificial sweeteners, mostly due to the fact that any time I consume aspartame I tend to suffer excruciating diarrhoea for a few days, but sugar, nope, no diarrhoea, that's all the evidence I need... Grin
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well I suppose it would be a good idea if you ever get bunged up  Grin
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran

Nah, I prefer the Allium (garlic & onions) treatment for that, far less painful... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

But a toss up which has the stinkiest end result. Smiley
Community Veteran

All smells like five H one T to me... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: dvorak
i don't sweeten any hot drinks, have switched to water for most of my drinks with a glass or two of pepsi max a day.

I'm the same.. except i drink 7up of course Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!