Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subway

Devonian
Grafter

Subway

I will never shop at Subway again.
Disgusting behaviour, and a slap in the face for the British people.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-dem...
117 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Subway

Yes I agree (saw this yesterday too).
I will never go there again. Even David Cameron says this is a christian country and yet the muslims are demanding we do EVERYTHING their way.
I will boycott subway for the rest of my life.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Devonian
Grafter

I heard it on the radio earlier, and it shocked me.
How dare they?
Honestly!  Angry
Fixes: 104

KFC do it too, we now have a longer drive should we want it because the nearest on is halal only.
They should at least offer both..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

Is this for real Shocked
People aren't being forced into these places, they have a choice.
Am I to assume the restaurants affected are in primarily Muslim areas?
An animal campaigning charity PETA spokesman said: 'At the best of times, meat is a product of a bloody and violent industry with no respect for other living beings who value their lives in the same way that we do and experience the same pain and terror that Subways' customers would if they were killed for a sandwich.

Like it or not we are by nature omnivores.
To become a herbivore (vegan) is a lifestyle choice.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
Am I to assume the restaurants affected are in primarily Muslim areas?

That would at least make business sense.
If it isn't it deserves to be business suicide.
Devonian
Grafter

KFC did try it in Torbay... the frianchise nearly went bust over it, and nation wide, there was a similar response.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1289601/KFC-forced-ditch-halal-menus-disappointing-sales.htm...
I have never used KFC since it started using Halal.
There is no place for that kind of cruelty in Britain in 2014. Sad
How can anybody, no matter what faith you follow, allow this kind of thing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603360/Horror-halal-slaughterhouse-Shocking-undercover-film...
TORPC
Grafter

In a way, if we go back in time
We are no different to the animal kingdom
Devonian
Grafter

Halal IS back in time.
It is from the time of cave men and savages.
Ooooh I'm hungry, I'll just slit this lambs throat, let it bleed t death in agony, in front of it's mother, then I'll say some mumbo jumbo and shake a stick, then chuck the corpse on a fire...
And watch how fast I am arrested if I do that!
TORPC
Grafter

In reality
We will never know how to translate the alleged (UG UG) caveman language
Did the Cavemen actually say the alleged mumbo jumbo, or was it that they were having a chat & banter after the hunt, (after fire was invented) over the original barbecue (wishing beer was invented, or saying how innovative the wheel is)
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

why is halal (a branch of sharia) allowed in non Muslim countries
stories like this are brilliant for highlighting the hypocrisy that exists in politics, on the one hand you have people saying we will never have sharia law and on the other hand you have it being adopted and followed by all sorts of non Muslims in order to appease the sensibilities of Muslims ......
its crap like this that makes people bigoted against those of a different faith group, forcing people to change there way of life because someone they don't care for wants the changes to happen,

its no wonder the BNP has such a huge following Sad    otherwise moderate people are getting incensed by the idea of being served halal meat or not being allowed to eat bacon in their favourite food stop....  its this kind of convertionism that really stirs up the hate rhetoric's and leads to problems in wider society......

I wont be going to subway again now that they have done this and no doubt they will collapse under the strain as masses follow suit its a shame for those who will loose there livelihoods over this but the people need to speak with there wallets and stop this kind of thing in its tracks were not Muslims and we shouldn't be treated as second class citizens because of it
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I used to like subway...great value!
Now...u value my moral and social values more. I won't bee going back. So that's not just met, but my wife, two children and give grandchildren they've lost as customers.
What would happen if I went into a halal butchers and asked for some bacon...Would they say "we must cater for this customer, and start selling pork at the expense of our other customers"?...
No, there is enough halal outlets for them to not dictate to us 'non halal' customers what we can eat?
What about our moral sensitivities...another case of 'we don't count' .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I had one last week.
For reasons I can't really go into on these forums (read that as an adverse effect on my body), I don't think I really want to have another one either.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: TORPC
In a way, if we go back in time
We are no different to the animal kingdom

We are part of the animal kingdom by virtue of the fact that we are neither vegetable nor mineral.
And if anyone believes were are a higher form of life.....all I can say is watch the news.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TORPC
Grafter

Back on the dirt track hunting our prey
Lets let them know how much we care for the Halal carp
http://www.britainfirst.org/boycott-subway/
At time of posting