cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Subtitles

I watch TV in bed, before I manage to drop off to sleep, however, I am "hard of hearing" and although I have two of the latest issue NHS hearing aids, finely tuned (!) I still need a "certain amount" of volume on the TV sound to make it "understandable"... problem is... missus likes to go to sleep  soon as poss.. (where is the problem with that, some might say! ! !)... so I have become quite adept at reading subtitles... EXCEPT the new station on Freeview chan 11, seems to have removed the facility of subtitles, so now I have to look for alternative progs. because I just love to see them good guys, take away the cars from the bad guys who do drugs, and don`t have tax, mot, insurance....
Undecided
9 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: Subtitles

Quote from: shutter
, so now I have to look for alternative progs. because I just love to see them good guys, take away the cars from the bad guys who do drugs, and don`t have tax, mot, insurance....
Undecided
Sign language can be very good Grin
Community Veteran

one finger or two ? ? ? ?  Roll eyes
Steve
Pro

Now shutter I couldn't possibly comment on that Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Use two, it is a Murdock Sat program
itsme
Grafter

Thought an inductive loop would be the answer.
geoffp0
Grafter

There is a system that I used to use on the ships, you plugged the amplifier into the TV which then transmitted the sound to a pair of headphones that was very comfortable to wear, you could turn the actual TV sound down and control the volume of your headphones bt another remote, we used them so that you did not wake up the guy in the next cabin who may have been on a different watch.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cordless+headphones+tv&tag=googhydr-21&index=electronics...
jmd
Grafter

Most of the sattelite/sky HD channels do not show subtitles - I think I posted some time ago as I was annoyed because I pay extra for HD [as I got special half price offer] but lost the facility to see subtitles[they still appear on non HD version of same channel].  So I can understand Shutter why you are peeved too.
Community Veteran

Quote from: geoffp0
There is a system that I used to use on the ships, you plugged the amplifier into the TV which then transmitted the sound to a pair of headphones that was very comfortable to wear, you could turn the actual TV sound down and control the volume of your headphones bt another remote, we used them so that you did not wake up the guy in the next cabin who may have been on a different watch.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cordless+headphones+tv&tag=googhydr-21&index=electronics...

If I had a 20 foot extension lead, I could plug my phones directly into the tv....  Cheesy
geoffp0
Grafter

The system that I had shutter was the wireless type, the transmitter stood next to the TV and the headphones just picked up the signal, so no cables to get tangled up in if you turned over Grin