Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid or what ?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Stupid or what ?

This cannot be real Sad  , Council are going to evict 74 familes from their homes so a property firm can use them for  homeless . Crazy3

There are plenty of empty buildings around to convert for the homeless ,, This is total Madness Crazy3

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/petition-launched-to-stop-ridiculous-eviction-of-74-families...

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Stupid or what ?

As I read it the "property" company is making more from the council contract than it did from the rent the tenants were paying. But which council officials gave out the contract without thinking it through and have they still got their jobs.

Probably the homeless will have to settle for multiple occupancy so the will get more in at higher density Ticked off

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Pathetic isn't it.

Absolutely disgusting.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

So, they're trying to alleviate homelessness by making people homeless, it's about as daft as trying to remove a wasps nest by adding more wasps... Crazy2

Community Veteran

Is the local council Labour or Conservative ?

The answer to that question might explain a few things..

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Theres lots of homes around the uk that no one wants to live in, the council needs to tidy those ones up and then give those to homeless people. 

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

Councils will claim they have no money to do that.

They seem more interested in scoring political points against their opponents than getting on with real tasks.

Talking is easier than acting

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Isn't this the same council that ran up a £1M bill with Travelodge accommodating homeless families?

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

It's what passes as normal for councils and government. Things only have to look ok on paper.

Trips in the field, as they say, and consequences don't come into it.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

My Niece who lives down there , her sister lives in one of the houses with her 2 kids , has been told to be out in 3 months Sad

Totaly Pathetic council

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Those residents should set up a "collective" between them, and refuse to move out,... because .... moving out on their own accord, will deem them to have made themselves homeless, which is one of the "negative" criteria, that the DHSS ( or whatever they  call themselves) use against people who are homeless, and it effectivel releases the council housing department from finding accomodation for them..

Also.. when the bailiffs arrive, they should be notified before hand, and should be able to contact ALL the local and national media, to create as much  publicity for their right to a decent home, which they( presumably ) already have in their current accomodation.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Conservative, but with a thin majority although I suspect some of the 'opposition' may well be crypto Tories - they seem to be everywhere these days Roll eyes

Conservative 31
Labour 14
Liberal Democrats 7
Liberal Party 3
UKIP 2
Werrington First 3

https://www.peterborough.gov.uk/council/councillors/councillor-information/

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

If Baliffs arrive from the high court they can legally get people out within 1 hour, making arrangements for them to return and collect any goods they cannot move in that time.

As shutter points out those who are made to move can go to the council and state they are homeless but the only ones who will get immediate accommodation are those with young children or in some instances severly disabled, the rest will go on the council waiting list.

Even those with children who are offered accommodation are likely to find themselves in a bed sit or some grotty place.

The problem  with involving lots of other people when the Baliffs arrive is that any threat to the Baliffs and the police are called who will arrest anyone attempting to stop the Baliffs.

This type of situation must be awful for those who have to face it and it must also cause anxiety to those in any type of rented accommodation as they could be made homeless through no fault of their own.

Personally I would think residents and members of the public who are concerned should insist on seeing those councillors who made this stupid decision and it is their names and faces that should be shown on the media.