Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid is as stupid does.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Stupid is as stupid does.

Sturgeon announces referendum bill...... Sturgeon finishes up with egg on her face as she tries to detach Scotland from the UK.

You read it here first folks.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-37634338

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Stupid is as stupid does.

Every time she says Scotland she really means I.

Community Veteran

Right or wrong, at least she's doing something, as opposed to our bunch of self-congratulatory toffs that so far have spent all their spare time gazing at their navels! Crazy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

We're still a part of the EU, Scotland leaves the UK, they leave the EU too regardless and, either way, have to apply for their own membership separately, which could be many years before they were let in again, but given that it's falling apart anyway, it's like trying to ally yourself with a snowman in summer... Funny

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

To be fair as leader of the SNP she has to be seen trying to do what her party believes in... it would be kinda wrong if she just gave up and said "Hey I think it's fine as it is".

But at the same time, she's wrong and stirring up trouble. It would be far simpler for her to change parties rather than change an entire countrys membership to another union.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

twocvbloke wrote:

but given that it's falling apart anyway

This is so true... politics all across the world seems to be falling apart in front of the people that the politicians have been claiming to be representing and working for.

I personally think that the people have seen through the poitical tactics across the world and have had enough of it. ?Whenever a referendum seems to come about people seem to vote for the unwanted option just to overthrow the current mob... or bring forward witnesses to destroy potential candidates.

To be totally honest if the political system in every country broke down, what would change? - We'd still live in houses, still have roads, vehicles, etc... we'd just be rid of a bunch of satanic cretins who think they can make things work by imposing misery on people. Lets not forget it's not us people who want nuclear weapons.. it's political heads of state trying to intimidate other heads of state who want them.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

At the end of the day, when it comes to politicians, there's more of us people than there are of them... Smiley

Community Veteran

Much as I'd like Scotland to remain part of the UK I have a great deal of sympathy for those Scots who want another referendum.

During the last referendum it was hammered home time and time and time again by the Better Together campaign that if Scotland wanted to remain part of the EU they had to stay in the UK. Here's a quote from the Daily Mirror shortly before the last Scottish referendum where they summarised the issues:

11. And last but not least: EU membership, please!

The only way Scotland could become a member of the European Union without starting the accession process from scratch would be for the EU to amend Article 48 of the Lisbon Treaty to allow for automatic membership for countries who’ve become independent from a member state.

But last year the President of the European Council Herman Van Rompuy dealt a blow to Alex Salmond's independence plans by saying that an independent Scotland would have to go through the full accession process to join the EU under Article 49 of the Treaty on European Union.

It is absolutely clear that many people cast their vote on the basis of "facts" that were totally wrong - Scotland now would have a better chance of remaining in the EU if they had voted for independence - and the Brexit vote made it clear that that was what Scotland wanted. I'm sure the rest of the EU contries would have suddenly found a greater imperative for finding a way of keeping a soon to be independent Scotland in the EU following the Brexit vote by the rest of the UK.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

And Scotland is a worse basket case than Greece, relying on subsidies from the rest of the UK

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/720541/SNP-Scotland-economy-debt-Sturgeon-Greece-EU-public-spending...

Give the English a vote and they'd be gone tomorrow!

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

+1

Thumbs Up

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Thumbs Up +2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Hero

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/oct/14/bbc-sorry-footage-gorilla-nicola-sturgeon

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.