cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on a Train for 6 hours plus, and no Food or Drink, yet for 17p........

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Stuck on a Train for 6 hours plus, and no Food or Drink, yet for 17p........

Never ceases to amaze me...
Passengers know it's bad weather, and there may be delays, yet hardly any take any extra food or drink on a journey with them !!
Buffet Car soon runs out of food & drinks.

A 2 litre bottle of Water costs just 17p....
6 pack of Breakfast Bars 80p
So, for less than £1, comfort.

Torches... don't mention Torches
Car journeys too.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Stuck on a Train for 6 hours plus, and no Food or Drink, yet for 17p........

We always have a space blanket or two in the car. If snow is forecast we'll add a shovel and a sleeping bag.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Stuck on a Train for 6 hours plus, and no Food or Drink, yet for 17p........

It'll never happen to me.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Our last Guests have arrived, courtesy of Train and replacement Coach.
I've just picked them up locally.
(Soup and Sandwiches in the Car for them, and loads of Baby Wipes !)
And yes, they were prepared for such an eventuality.
Only delayed 3 hours, from the South
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The average person (babies excluded) should be able to last for 6 hours without food and drink, think of all the calories saved !
No doubt the lack of food and drink will be rectified on Christmas Day. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: AlaricAdair
We always have a space blanket or two in the car.

Space for a couple of bodies in the back of mine.. at least thats what my old boss said when we first got it and i showed it to her  Shocked I didn't dare ask what sort of things she'd done in her past lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I have a sleeping bag, flask of boiling water,tea and coffee and dry milk in my bus.  Smiley
A saying in my unit in the army...."Any fool can be uncomfortable - Your sleeping bag is your friend.".
So,I'm ready! Wink
nanotm
Pro

when ever I went anywhere in my car I always had emergency kit consisting of 6 pack of drinking water, few packs of dextrose tabs, nutrigrain bars (few boxes) stove +pans, brew kit, overnight bag (with sleepsystem and spare space blankets) med kit, breakdown kit, folding shovel, toolkit and simple vehicle spares (bulbs belts hoses clips fuses chewing gun lacky bands and gaffer tap) my missus always thought I was nuts until we got stuck for 14 hours with 4 screaming brats (we were overseas and the snow was several feet deep and still falling so the recovery people said we come when snow stops) after that we started carrying more "emergency kit"  and changed some of it seasonally (like boil in the bag meals).
now we don't leave the house without some sort of emergency kit (even if its just a space blanket a drink and some sweets) in a bag or pocket
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you