cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck caravan problem

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Stuck caravan problem

Received this by email so put it on my website for the rest of you Caravan incident
23 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Stuck caravan problem

It couldn't have happened to a nicer caravan Roll eyes
Watch out for the inevitable swear word. Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Wonder how they got it in there Undecided Undecided Undecided
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Grin Grin oop's.
Community Veteran

just as well i didn't have a mouthful of tea as it would have gone all over the monitor.  what a hoot!  thanks for the belly laugh.  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Did someone say " Go on, give it some pillock" ! ! !>>>.... Grin Grin
Roll eyes    That`s one way to make a flat bed trailer unit ! ! !..    Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

FFS What a Pillock!
Its stuck lets rev the F&&K out of this truck to free it  Crazy
Was this a trailer (No pun intended) for Top Gear?
Community Veteran

maybe not, but they'd love it as they hate caravans, at least, jeremy does.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Interestingly (or maybe not!!) I've got that little (slightly useless) add-on my Firefox browser that shows which country the clip was sourced from. And its German,,,oddly humorous for our Teutonic cousins. And, just to add a cynical note to the proceedings, yet again, somebody is handy with a video camera just at the right moment to record the whole awful event for posterity...and probably make a few Euro's into the bargain if it can get some air-time. Maybe even enough to pay for the damage caused.
Has anybody here ever towed a caravan? I've never owned one but, I did hire one a couple of times. Gave it up because I couldn't stand the abuse from other road users!! At the time, I used to stop in every lay-by to let the queue of traffic overtake and clear. which made "our" journey three times longer than it should have done.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Yes,. I have had a caravan, for a couple of years...... `er indoors thought it was a good idea...... I hated it.... I hated towing it.... I hated reversing it. ... I hated getting it on the proper marks on the site... I hated having to get fresh water every couple of hours.... I hated emptying the toilet every day. ... I hated every blxxxxxxy thing about it.... and boy, was I glad when we eventually sold it ....
Whoever said caravanning is fun must be some kind of nutter....Long live Jeremy Clarkson..... "shed draggers"  as a friend calls them, should only be allowed on the road between midnight and 1 am.....
@petlew.... strange it should come from Germany.... they are speaking English, with a north country accent.... (North of Watford, that is)  they are drinking English beer in English pints..... and the car is a right hand drive... !  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Shutter, can we assume you won't be buying another caravan then Grin
I also noticed the North Country accents in the video Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are you inferring that they are all drunk and thick up there Roll eyes Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Well I have owned and towed caravans for the past 12 years. If your car is matched to the van you should have no problems towing it, main issue is the speed limits which is 50mph on normal roads, so straight away you have a queue if you stick to the speed limit Crazy
Have even gone caravaning with the bike  Huh (I took the van down and spent a week with the car then came back for the bike for another week! Great fun in Yorkshire on a bike. Cheesy
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
are you inferring that they are all drunk and thick up there Roll eyes Roll eyes

No Pierre, I was merely pointing out personal observations, that corrected the impression, given by petlew`s posting, that the video was of German Origin .....  Roll eyes ( it may well have been sent from Germany...... but....  Huh )
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
Shutter, can we assume you won't be buying another caravan then Grin
I also noticed the North Country accents in the video Undecided

Yes, you can assume that.!..... oh yes, I forgot, about all the prepartion work before even leaving home..... going to collect the caravan from storage, cleaning it out of all the cobwebs,etc...loading it up with the food, and making sure the "nose weight " is not exceeded, checking the lights, and the stays are put away , manouvering it out onto the street, and away you go........... and then after the "holiday" ( HO HO HO )... you have to do the same again, before you set of for home.... even worse if it is raining,.... getting soaking wet  taking down the awning....packing away all the bits and pieces. hitching up, and then emptying the caravan at home before once again taking it back to the storage place.... drying out the awning, and then re-storing that....
oh yes.... great fun...  Undecided Undecided Undecided