cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strewth - avoid flying near an Airbus A380

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Strewth - avoid flying near an Airbus A380

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/emirates-a380-jetliner-flips-business-jet-upside-down-freak-mid-air-acciden...

A harrowing freak air accident that has only just been revealed saw an Airbus A380 commercial jetliner flown by Emirates cause a much smaller business jet passing beneath it to flip upside down and plummet thousands of feet. The incident is a sharp reminder of why passengers should always wear their seat belts.

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Strewth - avoid flying near an Airbus A380

Flying is a lot more dangerous than I thought.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@billnotben  hmm... so you`ll be selling your private jet, then.... ?

Community Veteran

Only the small one.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I hope the passengers in the private jet thanked the pilot, once they'd changed into new trousers of course.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Working as a crew member, covering horse racing from the Curragh, Ireland, a while back, we were flown out by a crew member, who had part shares in a small private jet.

All fine.

After a long day at the racing, including using a gold plated bathroom ! we flew back.

The pilot decided to have some fun, as the senior cameraman was not a great fan of flying.

We took off normally, then did what felt like a vertical powered ascent, causing the cameraman, to fill the air with swearwords, and bounced around his seat a bit.

The G forces were quite intense, fortunately we were all strapped in.

A demonstration of the tremendous power available.

beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

They were lucky -

2008 a Mexican government Learjet got too close to a 767 on approach to Mexico City; the turbulence from the 767 caused the Learjet to plummet to the ground. Not helped by the crew not having the correct certification or training or experience to fly the Learjet. It was on "Air Crash Investigations"

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Sounds about as safe as slipstreaming on a motorway... Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Infinity wrote:

We took off normally, then did what felt like a vertical powered ascent, causing the cameraman, to fill the air with swearwords, and bounced around his seat a bit.

The G forces were quite intense, fortunately we were all strapped in.

A demonstration of the tremendous power available.

Try a low level flight across a field in a jet ranger helicopter doing around 60mph before a sudden steep climb just as you're about to hit the trees.

Only a helicopter but my word the power those whirlybirds have is incredible. Didn't take long to gain a few thousand feet either. Expensive ride at £35pp.. but the most awesome experience i've ever had.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!