cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strat, was that you?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Strat, was that you?

Was that you featured on this mornings BBC1's "Cash in the Attic" flogging off the family heirlooms to raise enough cash to have a Ferrari track day?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
11 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Strat, was that you?

No....the kids wouldn't allow me to flog their inheritance Roll eyes

Certainly not if they knew about it anyway Wink Cheesy
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
jmd
Grafter

Oh, I was worried in case you had got rid of the Stratocaster - I missed the show this morning.  Watch it occasionally.
Community Veteran

@jmdlp there was a chap on this morning (George) who at a quick glance may have passed for Strat, depends a bit on how well you know him. Was as keen to drive a Ferrari though.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Once in a lifetime experience.........though for some of your guys I guess it's a twice a day experience to and from work Cool
Fixes: 105

You can get a couple of hours in a Ferrari for about 125 quid... how much was he trying to raise?
Will Moderate For Thanks

There's a cheaper way.......get your Son or other appropriate relative to buy the time as a present Smiley

even better, get them to hire you one for the weekend and really drive it - not just 2 laps round a track.
Will Moderate For Thanks

You don't mean on public roads do you. That would bring my driving career to a very early conclusion....a rapid acquisition of points and fines Cheesy Embarrassed
I had 4 laps and the last one was..........'Pampers' Embarrassed
Community Veteran

Quote from: adiewoo
couple of hours in a Ferrari for about 125 quid... how much was he trying to raise?

I didn't see the end of his auction, but saw the end of the prog and he raised enough, but it was a lot more than £125 a lot more nearer a grand I think, included several practice laps in a er? whats the Jap sports car with a Wankel engine and a tiny unique forward and rear opening double doors? Mazda something or other? before they would let him loose in the Ferrari. Never really fancied a go in a Ferrari, but the thought of one of the stripped down Porsche's does though.
@strat quote: "though for some of your guys I guess it's a twice a day experience to and from work" maybe for some, for me its a 12mtr 55 seater (+25 standing) Wright bodied Volvo, that might if I really got my toe down out-accelerate a lawn-mower, but only if the mower was in poor condition.

An RX8 I think, wasn't that impressed with it.. passion of a Ferrari any day of the week for me
Will Moderate For Thanks

I was thinking more of the Plusnet car park.........