cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange email

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Strange email

Received this morning, an email headed "Your arrest record" I won't add the senders address here (yet)
It contained a link named "Public Arrest Records" that when prodded showed a 404 error message.
Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have opened it at all, but the senders address looked pretty plausible from a .@yahoo.com address.
By chance (or maybe not) I should have been on jury service today, but had been excused for  "full time carers" reasons. But the jury service doesn't use yahoo anyway. You can of course be arrested for failure to appear for jury service.
Anybody else had one like it?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Strange email

I have had 2 emails from different plausible @yahoo.com addresses each with a different subject and links. So it's looking like yahoo database has been hacked. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I don't have any connection with Yahoo, I even reject their browser toolbar when offered in Java updates etc. never had an account with them and don't use their search engine. Uh oh, just thought, I purchased a new computer recently that included some Yahoo in the resident but unused MS IE, suppose that could have done it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

nearly as good as this one I just got  from Hotmail Cheesy Cheesy
You just sent a paymentTransaction ID: 2SM69324P0770102B
Hello ken,Thanks for using PayPal. It may take a few moments for this trans=
action to appear in your account. MerchantAnibal PetersonwcAnibal22@hotmail=
.comNote to Thad PetersonYou haven't sent a note.
Shipping address - confirmedMichael PepeP.O. Box 173Cheektowaga, NY=A014225=
United States
Total $140.00 USD
Payment $140.00 USD
Payment sent to  Anibal Peterson

the ken came from a British company that was collecting Kenco foil wrappers, been getting a lot of span ever since to the header ken@
Community Veteran

@Petlew, I've had a few since being in the US from Verizon informing me I have a bill for over $150 that they want paying.  I use AT&T over here so wonder how I've got the emails. Undecided  I just delete them.