cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stormy Weather

Community Veteran

Stormy Weather

It's been a very windy and wet night in the South overnight.  Looks like wewhave more to come later this week.
Bad Weather
Just got back from 5 weeks in the US and was hoping to get my lawns cut but it looks unlikely.
118 REPLIES
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Stormy Weather

We Brits love good old weather story Smiley
Community Veteran

Not only we Brits. Having just returned from the US I can testify to the fact that they are equally obsessive Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

We had a cracking good thunder and lightning storm last night, lasted about an hour....some serious heavy rain too.....  lightning outside could be seen through the very dark green heavy curtains we have... lit up the room...
had a couple of blips on the internet connection, but no power loss.... was watching the Air Traffic radar, and listening in, to hear planes over Cherbourg calling in to report seeing the storm over Portsmouth and asking for re-routing to miss it.... ... great fun ! .
kdoug007
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Not only we Brits. Having just returned from the US I can testify to the fact that they are equally obsessive Wink

How  cn i say  this  emmmm... 
were the usa  women ok...?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: kdoug007

Perv!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: kdoug007

Do you like 'em on the larger side?
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/aprilholladay/2006-12-04-size-age_x.htm
USA:  The average American woman's weight has increased 11 pounds (7%) in the 10 years between the gathering of statistics, while her height has remained about the same (an increase of 0.1 inch or 0.2% taller). Earlier I had reported a weight of 152 pounds (69 kg) and height 5' 3.7" (162 cm). Now, it's 163 pounds (74 kg) and 5' 3.8" (163 cm).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
2u2me
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: shutter
We had a cracking good thunder and lightning storm last night, lasted about an hour....some serious heavy rain too.....  lightning outside could be seen through the very dark green heavy curtains we have... lit up the room...
had a couple of blips on the internet connection, but no power loss.... was watching the Air Traffic radar, and listening in, to hear planes over Cherbourg calling in to report seeing the storm over Portsmouth and asking for re-routing to miss it.... ... great fun ! .

Use to get lots of callout`s Smiley when it had been thunder and lightning it would somehow zap the cordless phones and put a short circuit on the telephone line. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Many Australians would do anything for all this wet weather we are currently getting ! Smiley
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@Shutter can you listen into Newcastle Airport?
If you can what is the link. Would be useful
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

will send you a PM..  Wink
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

PM'd you back
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran

A quiet day today but there's more bad weather on the way.
Update
Community Veteran

From the Met Office:
A developing storm is expected to reach the UK later on Sunday. This is expected to run northeastwards, probably across England and Wales, with very strong winds on its southern and western flanks. There is the potential for gusts of over 70 mph in the Yellow area and over 80 mph in the accompanying Amber area, especially on exposed coasts, both in southwesterly winds ahead of the low and west to northwesterly winds behind it.
This warning will be updated during Saturday morning.

Time to batten down the hatches!
Thunderclap
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
Time to batten down the hatches!

First rule of Storm Chasing : Chase the storm but don t get chased by the storm.
It seems with this event you won't even need to leave the house, except that is, to 'UTube' downed trees and a lorry on it's side.
For once I agree with the Mail/Express/Sun - Killer WInds Of Doom and al that. But you can already hear the eye witnesses testimony on the evening News - Take your pick
Cry  We were so frightened. I thought I was going to die. Where can I claim compensation?
Angry I'm not insurred. The government has to pay for the torn roof of my garden shed.
Cheesy We waz like out init. Then my mate got killed by a flying wheelie bin. It was well reem.
Lips are sealed In the future with global warming, weather events like this will happen every Tuesday.
First rule of weather forecasts is, there are no weather forecasts only a forecast that there will be weather.