cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop it. Stop it now. No more talk of aircraft safety records... you hear me?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Stop it. Stop it now. No more talk of aircraft safety records... you hear me?

Oh yes, thats right... you're not to know about aircraft safety in the future at all because brussels has decided it will all be kept completely secret. Thats right, you are not to be told of anything that may educate you about the risk of your flight and your ability to survive it:

LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Stop it. Stop it now. No more talk of aircraft safety records... you hear me?

Given the source I think I will wait until I can read a more balanced viewpoint
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Stop it. Stop it now. No more talk of aircraft safety records... you hear me?

I wonder who, at the Daily Fail, is empowered to create drivel like that. The CAA clearly thinks it's a good idea, and they are the body that oversees the operational safety of aircraft.
CAA welcomes new Europe-wide occurrence reporting regulations
The incoming European Commission Regulation updates the UK's existing Mandatory Occurrence Reporting (MOR) scheme, which has been contributing to the industry's knowledge of aviation risks, since 1976. Over four decades 'MORs' filed by the aviation industry have made a valuable contribution to UK flight safety.
https://www.caa.co.uk/News/New-reporting-rules-set-to-help-improve-aviation-safety/
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

the caa no longer requiring to run a proper service meaning they can shrink in size and save bucketloads of cash, of course the director is happy, he can increase board room salaries by at least 10% off the back of this diktat that allows him to lay off 20+ junior staff members employed purely to deal with public information requests, they also get to use a cheaper web hosting page and reduce the storage costs associated with it.
the only reason for the new rules are to protect stock prices in airline companies and hide crash information, the next time an airbus plane drops out of the sky because it has dodgy control interface software the secrecy clause means there wont be any media story until after the inquest and the remaining fleet of similar aircraft will be free to keep flying (until they also fall out of the sky), the next time a plane gets shot out of the sky or blown up by a bomb we wont get to know about it for months, the next time some drunken dram queen causes a flight diversion or take off delay due to fears over passenger safety it will go unreported, the next hijacking incident will not be made public.......
all of which will protect airline operators and shoddy practices and endanger passenger safety by allowing substandard companies to carry on regardless ...
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you