cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Facebook and Yahoo passwords dumped online

Steve
Pro

Stolen Facebook and Yahoo passwords dumped online

More than two million stolen passwords used for sites such as Facebook, Google and Yahoo and other web services have been posted online.

Sauce
4 REPLIES
gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: Stolen Facebook and Yahoo passwords dumped online

What type of sauce? HP or Ketchup  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
But seriously, yes I just changed mine.. I never keep any accounts with the same passwords.
Fixes: 101

facebook offers two factor authentication, everyone should switch that on and this wouldn't be as much of an issue.
Will Moderate For Thanks
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

they should but back when I had an account (with 2 step auth) someone gained access to my account from overseas, compromised several other accounts and somehow removed the phone number from the account (apparently they had harvested info through being a group admin, then contacted Facebook admin claiming to be me on holiday having lost my phone and requesting my account settings were changed...then they proceeded to spam random junk and attempt to scam monies all of which got a lot of people rather upset (some still wont talk to me)  oh and to top it off they also signed up to several credit agreements on my behalf leaving me with 2 months of legal hassle (all of which I'm sure amused the perpetrator) oddly enough I haven't had a Facebook account since....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
RichAllen
Grafter

Quote from: M
More than two million stolen passwords used for sites such as Facebook, Google and Yahoo and other web services have been posted online.

Sauce

Sauce = source  Roll eyes