cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steve Jobs Dies

Community Veteran

Steve Jobs Dies

It has been announced that Steve Jobs has died.  He suffered with cancer for a number of years.
Steve Jobs
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Steve Jobs Dies

More news:
More News

......and this very simple and touching tribute from Apple:
Apple Tribute
Community Veteran

................and a fitting tribute from New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
"Tonight, America lost a genius who will be remembered with Edison and Einstein, and whose ideas will shape the world for generations to come. Again and again over the last four decades, Steve Jobs saw the future and brought it to life long before most people could even see the horizon. And Steve's passionate belief in the power of technology to transform the way we live brought us more than smart phones and iPads: it brought knowledge and power that is reshaping the face of civilization. In New York City's government, everyone from street construction inspectors to NYPD detectives have harnessed Apple's products to do their jobs more efficiently and intuitively. Tonight our City – a city that has always had such respect and admiration for creative genius – joins with people around the planet in remembering a great man and keeping Laurene and the rest of the Jobs family in our thoughts and prayers."

.........and this from President Obama:
    Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.
    By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity.  By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun.  And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last.  Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented.
Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steve’s wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

With sadness in my heart and a tear in my eye, I watch and read tributes to Steve from all over the world.

http://www.apple.com/
http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

I was using my Apple iMac when I heard the News, seems fitting somehow.
Fixes: 104

It's sad news, but I do think some of the tributes are OTT; comparing him to Edison and Einstein for instance.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

Tributes usually are Sad still although he will be missed by many his legacy lives on.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I've never had any apple hardware but he was still inspirational to me. He changed the world as we know it in more ways than most realise.
RIP Steve. What a guy!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Sad loss, RIP Steve
Quote from: dvorak
comparing him to Edison and Einstein for instance.

and not Newton..........
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Steve Jobs was a heck of a salesman, he knew what people wanted, I have got a lot of Apple Macintosh's, one of my favorites is the Mac Plus, and yes I do own one.
R.I.P.  (Rest In Peace)
Steve
Community Veteran

Apple employees will hold a memorial service to celebrate Jobs' life on Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 10 a.m. at the company's Cupertino, Calif., campus, according to an email sent out by Cook. An Apple spokesman said that the company will not be holding any public services.
Community Veteran

It was announced today that Jobs died due to respiratory arrest:
Cause of death
Community Veteran

Well yes ok respiratory arrest brought about by a rare form of pancreatic cancer - that's how most cancer patients lives normally end after several weeks of the body slowly closing down - or heart failure caused by the weakened body as a result of cancer.
In a way he was fortunate he had that rare form of pancreatic cancer - as the more normal type is usually fatal within months
May he Rest in Peace
since I was diagnosed with prostate cancer - I've devoured much information on that in particular and cancer in general from sites such as cancer research and MacMillan etc etc. and the reason i  have not been on this forum so much is that I'm on cancer charity forums where we have mutual support groups.The internet is really wonderful for this sort of thing.
Mal
Community Veteran

I thought this was funny!!
Community Veteran

Yes indeed - didn't know Steve was a Jew !