cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stephen Fry: The hackers weapon

Fixes: 104

Stephen Fry: The hackers weapon

Don't know if many of you Twitter... but Stephen Fry does and seems to be able to launch a DDOS attack in seconds.
He mentions a web site and within seconds it's down.
He better watch out he's in the states and could well be arrested for that kind of thing  Roll eyes Crazy
Will Moderate For Thanks
4 REPLIES
Waldo
Grafter

Re: Stephen Fry: The hackers weapon

Quote from: adiewoo
Don't know if many of you Twitter... but Stephen Fry does and seems to be able to launch a DDOS attack in seconds.
He mentions a web site and within seconds it's down.

Nah, gnu.org is working fine....
Community Veteran

I enjoy Stephen Fry's tweets, I think his comments are very witty. I don't bother with the links though
Community Veteran

I've not been too won over by Stephen Fry's Twitter feed... sometimes it really is very mundane, barely any more interesting than 'having fun picking my nose', and I'm not interested in following such mundanity simply because he's a famous person (whom I do respect, I might add). On the other hand, some of the things people tweet to him can be quite funny, as one discovers when Stephen decides to re-tweet ('RT') any such comments.
techguy
Grafter

Think it demonstrates how celebrity obsessed a good proportion of the country are.
Granted, he can be amusing on TV and he is definitely a very intelligent chap but why would you be interested in his thoughts while he's sitting at his PC.
Do agee though, he obviously has an unpaid server load testing team, maybe I should set up an account for work and tweet the mURLs of public facing servers when we bring them into service and ask him to pass them on, would save myself and colleagues from having to spend time doing it.  Smiley