cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staywell

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Staywell

Ok I've had it with these people. I / we have used their cat flaps for years and until now I've always put it down to some random event causing it but today cat flap #4 has dropped apart just like all the previous ones both here and at previous addresses.
I've still got the last one in the shed that dropped to bits as evidence yet having just spoken to them on the phone, they're insistent that their cat flaps last for years. Their answer is that we have a stray coming in and damaging it. Please.. we've been here for moons and with the cat flap set to incoming 'traffic' only, never once found another cat in here in the mornings.
So, there is another twenty quid down the flusher. I'm feeling really annoyed about this as this is now becoming a common occurence I feel.
Has anyone else had to replace broken cat flaps by this company momre than once?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
10 REPLIES
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Staywell

Our staywell cat flap is great!!! It was put in when we moved and they have enlarged since my last purchase in 1998 which was for the old house and has lasted to May 2013 when we moved house so that is pretty good to last for 13 years.
The new cat flap is a bit bulky and cats find it harder to use as it has a heavier door and a another attachment which keeps the wind out (annoying) but it's a cat flap! Better than opening doors all the time!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Fixes: 47

We had one for 3 or 4 years which I had to repair at one point as when the cat went out on a particularly cold day the door closed and fell off as the hinge broke.
I managed a repair with some Superglue and a welding rod which lasted a few months.
When we had a new double glazed door fitted the cat flap went in the bin.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nadger
Rising Star

Had cats for 40 years but never had cat flap.
Fixes: 125

Never had a cat flap, either and had several cats over the years.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: 7up
Their answer is that we have a stray coming in and damaging it.

What! A cat broke your cat-flap!!!  Crazy Crazy Crazy

These days if my cat wants to go out after 11pm she stays out all night or else she stays in.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

My cat used to invite the neighbours cats in during the winter.  Grin
It was a strange cat.  Grin

I have a greenhouse for that purpose with a two level shelving unit catering for up to 3 tenants at a time.....last one in gets the floor.
Any more than 3 and there is fighting, not a good thing in a greenhouse as I discovered to my cost last year.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

We have a Pet Mate: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cat-Mate-254W-Electromagnetic-Catmate/dp/B0002DHN6Y/ref=sr_1_6?s=pet-supplie... fitted through a double glazed french-door, we bought it more than twelve years ago and has never given any trouble at all except it needs to have its battery (PP9) changed occasionally (maybe once a year) Highly recommended, the later opening magnet the cat wears is much smaller and less obtrusive now than they were, they can also be fitted on the more modern plastic buckled collars that the older magnets couldn't.
The most difficult bit was getting the hole cut in the sealed unit. The glazier wouldn't cut the original unit, but removed the unit and replaced it with a new one. Apparently the glazier destroyed two units before he got one cut properly, evidently the toughened glass is a real trial to cut.
The 6ft x 3ft unit cut cost us around £130 but the cat was worth it, we still have the original sealed unit carefully covered and stored in the shed should we ever need it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

What happened to Purleigh's post?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up