cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay or Go ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Stay or Go ?

I Was talking to a young chap the other day who is thinking of moving to Australia (Married but no children)
He has a low paid job with the local council at present but the future is uncertain. He does have relatives in Australia (older Brother)
Whilst accepting he would be no better off financially down under at least his quality of life would be greatly improved.
In his position I am not sure what I would do myself, take a risk and go or stay here.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Stay or Go ?

I've heard from many places that the quality of life down under is superior to the United Krumble. If he has a rocket, I'll send a match Wink
Seriously, there is no future here in the UK. It's a country that has turned to dog eat dog tactics to survive. If you have the chance to go then GO!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I’d go, I’ve lived and worked in Australia, and return every couple of years, normally for 3-4 month periods, I’ve never had an issue finding work, sometimes well paid. I like the lifestyle (work hard - play hard). If he doesn’t like it he can always return.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my son is making a go of it in the Whitsundays, done a few odd things since he has been there,
1 outdoor pursuits instructor at an island eco hotel (qualified Scuba and off shoor skipper before he went)
2 got fed up and started doing computor garden design all over Queensland
3 somehow got grandfather rights to do accounts for several companies
4 now starting a chain of ladies posh up saloons with an ex girlfriend
5 was skippering the equivelant of the Airly Beach RNLI boat, still involved but to busy with his other odd things
built his own Queensland style house this is not his but similar
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Go for it....
He seems to have a lot going for him already , with relatives out there to sponsor and guide him into the "New World"... !..
If he puts some effort into going to evening classes and getting some qualifications for a trade, such as plumbing or electrician, then I am sure he will make a really good life for himself... and I have heard some of them sheila`s out there are really cracking  !.. Cheesy
My brother emigrated when he was 17, way way way back in 1960, he is still there, has made a good life for himself and married.. lives in the "blue mountains"..  he has only been back to the UK once, as far as I know,.... for a holiday to travel on all the preserved railways ..... !