cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stating the bleeding obvious - any other suggestions for causes of accidents

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Stating the bleeding obvious - any other suggestions for causes of accidents

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4526744.What_can_we_do_to_stop_the_gridlock_/
Paul Watters, the AA’s head of roads policy, said drivers, roads and vehicles were the main three factors in most collisions.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Stating the bleeding obvious - any other suggestions for causes of accidents

It's the drivers in charge of vehicles -
not driving within the visibility / conditions.
if you can't see the way is clear, and you can't brake to a halt in the distance you see to be clear - you are at fault
A bad road layout - is well bad - and you should be able to see that for yourself
well that is what I was taught by my instructors ..............

Maybe Ross Brawn would do well to remember that
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/8183053.stm
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Stating the bleeding obvious - any other suggestions for causes of accidents

whats that old saying.
The biggest nut in a car is the one behind the wheel
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I agree, Pierre, and very useful they are too!...
(stops the wheels coming off ! ! ) Cheesy Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

They obviously didn't have any speed cameras there then.
Why not? They cut accidents, and work even better when they're referred to a PC name like say, 'safety'.
That'll make someone think before doing 50 in a 40.
Is there anything they can't do? Oh yeah I just forgot about driving standards Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Actually they have loads of them - you can tell when you are approaching them by all the brake lights on the cars in the outside lane
pierre_pierre
Grafter

We had a good one on the A12, Chelmsford Bypass last week.
DVLA were doing a vehicle tax check using an ANPR van

Every body was slamming on brakes when they saw it,  - average speed on that road has been reported as over 80 MPH
DVLA unrepentant, we must catch the TAx dogers, whats the use of checking outside ruch hour, no cars on road to check.
this is a speed (Road Safety) Van. spot the difference

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just found what I was looking for Game for a Laugh  http://www.frixo.com/a12-south.asp
csogilvie
Grafter

There was one of the white vans near work the other day there, although backed up with some 'plain clothed' police officers too.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not sure but I believe that a uniformed Police is required to stop a suspect vehicle, the DVLA prosecute, the only other people with power of arrest are the Excise (Customs Branch)
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Just found ...

The A338, currently shows average speed as 84mph! That frixo site is a good one. Wink
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed