cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Trek Into Darkness

shalom2010
Grafter

Star Trek Into Darkness

Really enjoyed Star Trek Into Darkness. Lots of thought went into it & compared to rubbish scripts of Doctor Who, well there's no comparison!
37 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

I'm really looking forward to seeing it (probably when the Blu-Ray comes out).
Was pleasantly surprised how good the first (or is that the eleventh?) was.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shalom2010
Grafter

Well I knew it was good as two hours passed really quickly. It does keep the viewer's interest throughout & is full of treekie jokes etc!
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't see many films at the cinema but this one is a must see for me. I thought the last film was extremely well done and expect this to be the same or better. It's strange how after knowing the old actors in those roles for so long we accept the new ones as the characters they are meant to be without question.
Can't wait to see it.  Smiley
shalom2010
Grafter

Well Rich, the 'new' actors were in the last film & are by and large fairly  good 'copies' of the originals. I think in the last ten years the only films I've seen are Star Trek! I don't really like going to cinema's, it had a few silly girls talking & crying at various
points in the film Smiley
It's a fun movie, a little violent in places for me, but still a close trekkie film.
Razer
Grafter

I look forward to seeing it at some point in time. I was pleasantly surprised by the previous one as I was somewhat biased against it because it was a 'reboot'. One thing I will say is that before I even saw the previous one, I couldn't help but agree that Zachary Quinto was the perfect 'new' Spock.
Fixes: 47

I went with my son to see it on Imax in Sheffield and loved it.
Lots of humour which had the audience laughing and a good storyline.
I think all the main actors fit so well into their characters and maintain the relationships of the originals.
And the sound was amazing.
I wouldn't describe myself as a Trekkie unlike the two down front in full Starfleet uniforms but I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for Star Trek 3.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
shalom2010
Grafter

Oh - I didn't know there was going to be a Star Trek 3. The numbering is weird, as the current movie is actually number 12!
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Nemesis
Star Trek
Star Trek Into Darkness
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm a Trekkie too as far as watching all of the series and films avidly but draw the line at attending conventions etc. The last film was great at introducing us to the characters we already know so well and I enjoy the many references to previous stories that only a true Trekkie would spot.
I also think that even if you were new to Star Trek though you would still enjoy the film, my wife doesn't normally watch 'the series' but enjoyed the last film and has already agreed to accompany me to see the new one.
Zachary Quinto does indeed make a fine 'Spock' replacement and Chris Pine and the other actors are equally believable. I also admire Benedict Cumberbatch as a good actor having watched him in the recent BBC Sherlock Holmes series.

When I first saw Karl Urban in Star Trek I thought.....that's Bones to a 'T'.  DeForest Kelley reborn.
Razer
Grafter

Yes, I forgot to mention him. Remarkably like him, I thought.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Arranged to see it this wednesday, all the feedback sounds very positive.
Only decision is,is it worth seeing in 3D ?
shalom2010
Grafter

I saw it in 3D and wasn't really impressed, in fact I would have preferred 2D (apart from looking like 'Brains' out of Thunderbirds).
Apparently the film wasn't shot in 3D but had a 3D copy made in post production.
shalom2010
Grafter

Strat - that's what they said in my link Smiley
I still wasn't that impressed by 2D. I find the screens are yellowish/lack colour and the sharpness is very poor. The sound, however is very good, but too loud Smiley  (That's what I found in a Vue cinema at Romford, Essex anyway!)