cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standing Down

Community Veteran

Standing Down

The more astute of you will have noticed my prolonged absence here, which is mainly due to the hectic end-of-season for Little Charley Bear, followed by starting a new job in Soho.
I'm incredibly busy doing a full roll out of a new studio, coupled with a somewhat lengthy commute and unfortunately I don't have any spare time that I can commit to moderating on the forums.
I'd like to thank all of you, mods, staff and customers alike for making me welcome over the past few years.  To all the mods specifically - you all do a fabulous job in an often tough environment with very little thanks in return, so thank you for doing it.  To all the staff specifically - you also do a fabulous job in a /frequently/ tough environment.  I'm lucky to have met pretty much all of you, and would like to remind you that you guys (and gals!) are genuinely the reason that people stay with Plusnet.  The amount of customer-centric work that you guys do is phenomenal, so please keep it up.
To all the customers that I've had the pleasure of dealing with over the past few years, I'd like to say BEHAVE YOURSELVES! Cheesy
I'll still pop into the forums here and there, perhaps more frequently once the rollout completes (12 months, including trips to Mumbai and Florida!). 
Cheers guys.
B.
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Standing Down

I hope all goes well for you in the future (and yes your absence had been noticed!)
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Thanks for all your hard work over the years as a moderator.  You've done a great job!
Phil
Community Veteran

Barry, sorry to see you go.  Thank you for all your hard work over your time as a mod.  Good luck in your new job also Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Sorry to see you go you helped me  Cry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Simon_M
Grafter

You've put a lot of good work in, both as a member & as a moderator, for which, much thanks.
All the best with the new job.
I'd endorse everything you say in your post. I hope everyone is listening - on both sides of the fence.
Community Veteran

I just wandered on to the forums this afternoon to respond to a PM and happened to spot this! Thanks Barry for all your work as a moderator and good luck with everything that's happening.
James
Grafter

This is sad news Sad
Simon_M
Grafter

Probably not for Barry, though.  Wink  Smiley
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

He'll be back.    Wink

GL dude.
jojopillo
Grafter

Bye Barry, your cheese will be waiting for you when you get back Smiley Good luck hun x
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

All the best Barry. Hope the new job goes well. Smiley
David
David
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Sorry to see you go, Barry. All the best until you return.  Smiley
Not young enough to know everything
jazz
Grafter

Only just been on the forum and seen this.  Sorry to see you go. Thanks for the time and help you've given us all in the past and good luck with all your plans.  Smiley