Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spuds

Highlighted
harrym1byt
Rising Star

Spuds

Potatoes - For decades we have sourced a full sack of spuds, delivered to our door, from a local shop at a good price and always brilliant tasting, always a named variety. Last month, the little shop closed due to not enough having enough business, leaving to try to source them elsewhere. We ordered a sack from another local shop, no name on them, no source and they were good for nothing at all. As boiled, they turned to mush and likewise in the chip pan. Most of the sack was taken away this morning when they emptied the bins. Not at all sure what to do next, but we like a good taste and don't mind paying for it. 

2 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: Spuds

Try your local farmers. If you were local to me I could of put you in touch with quite a few farmers that would gladly sell you a sack of spuds for next to nothing. Best quality to boot.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

Re: Spuds

I think I have now found a satisfactory source...

A main street shop, could deliver what they suggested were some quality spuds, but only in smaller pre-packaged quantities and with a delivery charge, which would make them around £15. 

I then remembered a local farm shop, so rang them and explained where we had got them from and that he (Chris) had closed down. They said they source their spuds from the very same supplier - the supplier bulk delivered to them, then on to Chris's shop. All quality named varieties. They are delivering a full sack for <£9 this morning - bargain.