cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprite is the best hangover cure !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Sprite is the best hangover cure !

[quote=The Telegraph]it has been revealed that revellers who go for the healthy option and console themselves with a herbal tea could actually be making their hangover worse, whilst a can of fizzy pop - in particular Sprite - could speed up recovery.
A team of Chinese scientists found in tests on 57 drinks that Sprite performed the best in relieving the alcohol-related symptoms.
Best cure for a hangover? Sprite

That's odd, I usually get a headache, nausea, or depression after reading Sprite's forum posts    Wink

Quote from: Sprite
Eh how do I keep doing worse than everyone else at everything?
Surely I must have something good about me?.. maybe i should just give up..

You can make yourself a certificate to hang on your wall, as you can official say -
        "Sprite performed the best in relieving the alcohol-related symptoms"
Cheesy
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Sprite is the best hangover cure !

If you have an upset tummy and/or diarrhoea Sprite a good drink to keep your body hydrated, but only after you've degassed the Sprite. 
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: purleigh
"Sprite performed the best in relieving the alcohol-related symptoms"

Funny you say that cos I don't suffer hangovers  Smiley
On a serious note though, Coca-Cola who make sprite must be getting desperate now. A couple of months back they changed the recipe for sprite and now call it 'Rediscover Sprite'.
It tastes awful. To put it bluntly, there is now no lemon or lime flavour at all and it pretty much tastes like the supermarkets own brand of cheap lemonade - full of chemicals.
I've complained about this to Coca-cola who insist they've only changed their sweetener and nothing else. So where has the lemon and lime gone then? - What a rubbish excuse! Lets face it, their shareholders and their profits were more important than their customers. They must have lost a lot of sales to be getting this scientific research published trying to get people to drink it in the name of a hangover cure. I guess thats one way of trying to sell something!
Personally I used to love the drink. Now I detest it. I've gone back to drinking 7up by Britvic drinks instead and shall be changing my forum name shortly to match my support.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Razer
Grafter

On another note, sorry Spr.... 7up, I'm going to HAVE to put your avatar domain in my blocking script. I'm fed up with it causing page load delays.  Angry  Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

It's hosted on a free host I'm afraid. What they do with their servers is beyond my control. I noticed it was offline yesterday at some point too. Either way, while it may stop your browser from saying it's finished, it shouldn't stop the forum page loading.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

Prevention is always better than cure.
In my younger drinking days I would down a pint of (full cream) milk before venturing out then always finished with a couple of pints of water before bed.
I also never mixed drinks; either wine, spirits or lager all night.
Rarely had hangovers Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RichAllen
Grafter

I once made the mistake of mixing 3 pints of bitter with 1 pint of cider, never again! Shocked
Fixes: 125

Reminds me of a few years back when I was on holiday in Devon.
The local bar was doing a BOGOF offer on Scrumpi. I certainly took advantage. The scrumpi got it's own back on the way home Cry
I vowed never to drink again... Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still