Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring is in the air !

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Spring is in the air !

Actually, I was going to post this two weeks ago, but I forgot !..( age thing ! ! )

Two weeks ago, as I was driving down a country lane.... I spotted CATKINS  dangling in the breeze.

Last Thursday, there were a host of DAFFODILS in full bloom, on the grassy bank as ASDA service station just a mile down the road from me.
Two days ago... we had our first CROCUS bulbs in flower....

There is plenty of new growth on the rose bushes too ... !

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: Spring is in the air !

@shutter wrote:

Actually, I was going to post this two weeks ago, but I forgot !..( age thing ! ! )

Two weeks ago, as I was driving down a country lane.... I spotted CATKINS  dangling in the breeze.

@shutter 

I'm no David Attenborough but I thought I saw some of those back in December, the 17th to be precise, killing time walking along a country footpath whilst waiting for my car to be serviced.

Last Thursday, there were a host of DAFFODILS in full bloom, on the grassy bank as ASDA service station just a mile down the road from me.
Two days ago... we had our first CROCUS bulbs in flower....

I saw those even earlier than yours too ...

... about 11 months ago!  Funny

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

The first half of January was fairly mild, at least in London, and I saw a large fuchsia in someone's front garden with buds that looked ready to burst open, I think the earliest I've seen one of those in bloom has been February.  However, there was frost on the grass this morning so no spring quite yet.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Not exactly wandering lonely as a cloud, but spotted a couple of daffodils last week.!

They used to worry here in Wales they would be out by St Davids day on the 1st March but now they seem to have been and gone by the time the day arrives - but no worries about early blooms, global warming or climate change as they will just fly them in fresh from wherever. 

And yesterday? I was cutting the grass!

Crazy times eh.

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

No chances of cutting the grass round here, far too wet. And this morning was icy with really dense freezing fog to boot. The fog has been here all day.

The daffs started to show themselves a few weeks ago but they haven't gone any further. Rhubbarb though is doing extremely well. Can't wait for rhubbarb and apple crumble pie ....with custard! 

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I left some geraniums in my garden last year and they have started growing in the past few weeks and are around 8" tall.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@idonno 

Third day with no rain, bit chilly, and waited until the afternoon by which time what little sun there was had dried it out... almost. 😃