cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring has sprung ?

Community Veteran

Spring has sprung ?

Has Spring sprung where you are ?
Last Sunday the weather was distinctly spring like here in sunny Perthshire and and again today.
The sun is up before I go out before 8 and still twilight if I'm home before 6  Grin Grin Grin
But still a month before official start of spring.... no doubt some chilly weather to come.
36 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Spring has sprung ?

The daffodils have started to show where we are in East Kent

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jmd
Grafter

In North Notts we have snowdrops, crocus, primroses, daffodils and the odd tulip out!  Had a wonderful afternoon at Hodsock Priory last Tuesday - they have amazing display of snowdrops, acontes, and hellebores.  Still open until and including 1st march.
Denzil
Grafter

I had a cold last week and spent three days at home without opening the front door. I went out on Saturday to find these. Smiley
barky
Grafter

snowdrops & some daffodils etc have been out here for a while - some are fading away now - not had a frost for weeks  --- never got the snow here to slow things down (seems they got some down south & to the east)
Community Veteran

Yes, daffodils out here in Essex also.  We have some cold weather returning next week according to the forecast so hope it doesn't spoil things.  It's nice to see people walking around with smiles on their faces now some good weather is around. Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

daffodils and bluebells are growing apace in kilburn.  the strawberries are putting out new leaf, along with lots of other vegetation.
techguy
Grafter

Am glad to see the days are getting longer again as its nice to be able to go for a wander in the evenings when I'm on my dinner break when working a late shift.
I hope we don't have a hot summer though as I have real difficulty sleeping in that horrible oppressive heat we get.
Community Veteran

The long term forecast is for a hot summer Smiley
They're still warning of a cold snap for this week though Sad
techguy
Grafter

That's terrible news artmo, bring on the cold I say!
Our office used to be next door to a computer/server room (people seem to call them different things) which was once part of the server room so had lovely cool air con  Smiley
Thanks to the need to expand the team coupled with a couple of individuals' constant whining about how cold it was (even when the outside temperature was giving Death Valley a run for its money) we got moved to a stuffy office with no aircon and often no air movement to speak of but the same individuals now moan about it being too stuffy or too hot at times.

I like it sunny and cool but cold without rain is preferable if that isn't possible.

James
Grafter

They're forecasting snow for Scotland tomorrow.
Looks like we might be spared this time.
techguy
Grafter

They are more prepared so snow is water off a duck's back isn't it?
James
Grafter

They'd like to think so Smiley
techguy
Grafter

I've never been to Scotland so can't say for sure but as you say, they claim it is.

itsme
Grafter

Quote from: techguy

Thanks to the need to expand the team coupled with a couple of individuals' constant whining about how cold it was (even when the outside temperature was giving Death Valley a run for its money) we got moved to a stuffy office with no aircon and often no air movement to speak of but the same individuals now moan about it being too stuffy or too hot at times.

Some people need to engage brain before whinging. It's easier to keep warm in a A/C room then to stay cool in a non A/C room.
Edit:: I use to do short business trips to Singapore/Malaysia and it made me smile that you see suit jackets being worn inside the office but these are removed when they go outside.