Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring has sprung !

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

Spring has sprung !

Out for a "recreational drive" today, we passed a whole load of DAFFODILS in full bloom on the roadside !... 

Don`t think they were "council" as it was a "random" area where they were... as if someone had chucked them away on the grass verge.... rather than planted them...

We have crocuses showing a good growth... and also Daffs...but no bud/blooms yet... mind you we do still have some roses blooming in the garden ! ...

31 REPLIES 31
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Spring has sprung !

Nothing noted where we are out west.

Went for a little drive followed by a walk this morning, although with the sun being out it did have a feel of spring about it. Must be a little warmer down south where you are @shutter 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 60

I'm not in that area,sadly, @Minivanman , but I am in very regular contact with someone who is, and from what she has being saying over the past fortnight or so, I don't think it's that much warmer although @shutter is quite a way West of my friend.

John
TTman
Seasoned Champion

In yorkshur any daffs are buried in snow still!!!! Sad

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well if you are going to see daffs anywhere it's here in Wales but we've not seen any at all yet. 

shutter
Community Veteran

We`ve had a lot of frosty nights/early mornings this year so far... so hardly "warmer"... and the road that I saw them on was not too far from the sea ( Chichester Harbour ) area... so , very "open"  and flat... 

Not had any snow for about 7 or 8 years now... ! ... nor likely to get any in the next 7 days or so! ! ..

jab1
Seasoned Hero

Seriously 'open' down there, @shutter - and salty. As you say, from what I am told, and have noticed when I've been down there, you've had very little snow for a while, but your nights have been considerably nippier than up here, especially recently.

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

O ye of little faith...

Morning walk and.... daffs in bud! 

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Bit of a step backwards in the weather. But not as bad as the BBC forecast for my area.

I had already brought a couple of brooms indoors ready for the predicted couple of days of heavy snow. A stiff one for path clearing and a soft one for pushing the snow off my car.

But the forecast was a bit of a bust to say the least. After a day of hardly noticeable light sprinkles we seem to have had our main "snow fall" last night. To call it a light dusting would be a bit of an exaggeration. And it's already gone.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Just bitter cold out here in the west and don't normally light the fire until at least 3pm, but not t'day!

Brrrr. 

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Not a day for finding where the boidies is!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jab1
Seasoned Hero

@Luzern Very true. Where the sun hasn't got, we've still got about 2", and it's B. cold, even in my double glazed porch - no idea what it's like outside, but looking at the hardy souls braving it I'm not going to try and find out. Nice and warm in here, though.😁

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Snug as the proverbial and not going anywhere!

IMG_3243.JPG

shutter
Community Veteran

Mince Pie dusting on the car this morning..... - 0.5 on the car thermometer.... electric fan heater on extension lead soon sorted that out.... got crocusses and 1 daffodil out in the garden now...

snow all gone ... not expecting any more until (maybe)  Thursday..

Was interesting yesterday watching ACCUWEATHER forecast for local area... kept saying  "Snow in  20 mins"  or Snow in 113 mins...  also watching the "animation" of the weather radar. using the "weather" app  ( snow areas are pink !... watching the weather move towards us, and as soon as it got within 10 miles, it just stopped, or somehow went completely all around us, leaving us in a big hole of no snow/weather ! .

Oh well... as the saying goes...! 

( actually quite glad it gave us the miss..... don`t have to clear it away !  )_

Hobo
Grafter

Snowdrops and Daffs out in our garden in the far west of Cornwall, slight dusting of snow early this morning and nothing sticking and now gone outside temperature now 0 degrees, broke ice off birdbath and pond early this morning now freezing over again at midday.