cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring has Sprung Again

Community Veteran

Spring has Sprung Again

So good to see the change in the weather for the past few days. Daffodils flowering, birds singing and building their nests, the sun shining and the nights getting longer. It seems so long ago that we had all the terrible weatherSmiley

25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

Re: Spring has Sprung Again

Yes indeedy.... despite all the "horrendous" headlines in the daily mail! ! .. however... we have had daffodils blooming for about 4 weeks now... they came out before the Snowdrops, and crocus which are also out now... complimenting the Tulips, and the iris` , and a few others that I can`t name..( cos I don`t know them ! ! .)

Fixes: 123

Looking out on my back garden I see a single lone purple crocus and a single lone daisy.

I hope to see more in the coming months.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Community Veteran
Fixes: 32

Exceedingly timely for me as I have the lawn treatment guy coming tomorrow and with all the snow gone now you can actually see the lawn. I say lawn but I really mean grass field.

Community Veteran

@Strat wrote:

Looking out on my back garden I see a single lone purple crocus and a single lone daisy.

I hope to see more in the coming months.

Eee Bah Gum..... its reet grim oop north ! Cry

Community Veteran

@Mook wrote:

Exceedingly timely for me as I have the lawn treatment guy coming tomorrow and with all the snow gone now you can actually see the lawn. I say lawn but I really mean grass field.

Do you use one of the national companies? I'm thinking of getting a company to do mine.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 32

@artmo I use Green Thumb, in fact so do all of my neighbours! I pay £45 by Monthly DD for the 'Enhanced Treatment' but I have a lot of grass, which is one of the reasons I don't cut it myself. The other being as we have no Garden Waste collection here I don't need to get rid of the clippings Smiley

Community Veteran

@Mook Thanks for the info.

Just as I was saying how pleasing it was to see a return of Spring, we've had a dull day in Essex today and it's just started to rainUndecided At least the temperature is upWink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Every year the wild primroses at the bottom of my garden start flowering at around Christmas. Despite all the ice and snow we've had they are still flowering now.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I guess many of us are itching to get out into the garden now it's starting to warm up a bit, but for moment I've settled for growing some 'Tumbling Tom' tomatoes from seed as well as some super hot 'Red Bonnet' chilli peppers. Both indoors on the windowsill of course as even the greenhouse is far too cold at the moment.

The best of the Toms will go into a hanging basket (makes a change from flowers) and the peppers will be mixed with some others from last year to make some chilli oil.   

Roll on summer Thumbs Up

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran

I'll have to think about growing some Cape Gooseberries (Chinese Lanterns) in my greenhouse again. They grew to good sized bushes. Far easier than Tomatoes to grow and the berries in the lanterns were very tasty. Twice the size of the ones in the shops. Something a bit different.

Community Veteran

We had 12.5 deg C darn sarf today... sunny in the garden... and quite pleasant...

so... spring has really sprung..... we have..

Snowdrops

Crocus

Iris

Daffodil

Tulip

Hyacinth, and a few small flowered plants that I don`t know the names of.... all blooming nicely, thank you very much. ! 056_450x600.JPG057.JPG

Community Veteran

@shutter A nice display of flowers. It really makes people feel better to see such colour.

We had 13º yesterday and heading for the same todaySmiley

Community Veteran

Well we might be getting a cold weekend but at least today has been a lovely day with temperatures up to 14º this afternoonSmiley

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

It has been nice I must say. 

Spent the day housekeeping in our small greenhouse and then cleaned the glass inside and out so feeling much better now - but when to put my indoor seedling in there? Not so sure about that. 

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.