Did you mean: 

Spring Cleaning

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Spring Cleaning

It's that time of year again !!
Carpet Cleaners
This year we replaced our old faithful Carpet Cleaner with a newer model, the old one was a bit temperamental, as old ones get !!
We tested out the new one, with just Plain Water, no solution added, and actually found it sucked up quite a bit of muck, in a high traffic area, the older one not having been used since Christmas after guests departed.
Even with the best intentions, mud does get trampled in !
We have always used diluted Stardrops in the old cleaner, after the trial sample solution was used up, to great effect.
No doubt this helped remove some stains, which plain water just wouldn't have shifted.
I wonder what others use ?
So at the moment, with no visible stains, we are just using plain water throughout.
Though probably a major Spring Clean with Stardrops will take place, by our wonderful Woman that does...

Garden Spring Cleaning.
Easter...
When in the UK  we generally avoid travelling by road over the Easter Bank Holiday Period, apart from local trips.
So it is a good time to "Spring Clean" the gardens, in the hopefully warmer weather.
The first mower cut of the year.
And a general tidying up.

So, what do you do, do you Spring Clean at all ?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Spring Cleaning

I can't say other than I do things when and if needed.

Unless I can think of a good reason to put it off until later. Smiley
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

same we get the carpert cleaner out at least once a month and the steam cleaner for kitchen/bathroom on a weekly basis if not more frequently.
the carpet cleaner we use the Bissell carpet solution in but the steamer is always just plain old water
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

No idea how often our carpets are cleaned.
I will have to check with the domestic staff.
Cheesy
Fixes: 47

You should take a leaf out of the late Duchess of Devonshire's book and stay more in touch with your staff.
I do, in fact we couldn't be closer.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: PlusComUK
This year we replaced our old faithful Carpet Cleaner with a newer model, the old one was a bit temperamental, as old ones get !!
We tested out the new one, with just Plain Water, no solution added, and actually found it sucked up quite a bit of muck, in a high traffic area, the older one not having been used since Christmas after guests departed.
Though probably a major Spring Clean with Stardrops will take place, by our wonderful Woman that does...

The Report back states:
With Stardrops, second wash there was some dirty water, though not as dirty as may have been expected...
But the carpet afterwards did smell nice & fresh, and "fluffier" !