cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot anything unfair about the chat queuing system?

psig12

Spot anything unfair about the chat queuing system?

Info
 at 15:40, Jan 31:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 7. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 15:42, Jan 31:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 4. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 15:44, Jan 31:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 4. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 15:46, Jan 31:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 5. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 15:48, Jan 31:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 3. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 15:50, Jan 31:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 3. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 15:52, Jan 31:

Info
 at 15:54, Jan 31:

Info
 at 15:56, Jan 31:

Info
 at 15:58, Jan 31:

Info
 at 15:58, Jan 31:
You are now chatting with [CSA Removed].

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Spot anything unfair about the chat queuing system?

At least they are trying to improve......at one time you had no idea how long the wait might be, true the position in the queue needs work on but at least they are trying !

Community Veteran

When dealing with customers do PN staff use their real names and if so are they required to do so ?

I know some customer service departments have a fictious name for the manager, perhaps for obvious reasons in this day and age.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

psig12 wrote:
[CSA Removed].

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

I have to wonder why this policy actually exists considering many of the PN staff publish their names all over the plusnet service.

Bob, James, Chris to name just a few. We all know their first and surnames (which could be pseudonyms for all any of us know) and yet if we were to write their full name in a post it would be removed.

Why is that?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Yes it does seem odd about showing a name on the forum.

I wanted to post that (censored) was one of the most helpful persons I had ever spoken to at PN, not only giving me excellent advice but coming around to my house on his day off and sorting my broadband out for me and giving me his phone number in case of further problems.

Unfortunately I cannot give his name ! ( or phone number )

Cheesy

Fixes: 47

You can always PM one of the Mods or a staff member who regularly posts on here.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 105

You can name regular staff contributors, there isn't an issue with that.

You can't name staff that aren't on the forums - most of those that you will interact with on the phone and chat with.
Will Moderate For Thanks
DS
Pro

As per the subject heading, the only thing I've noticed is that Jan Thirty-Won is very busy....

I've found over the years that many names I mentioned were either removed or edited after I posted them on non PN forums....

M. Mouse (first name Michael, but liked to be known as Micky)
D. Duck (first name Donald)
G. Oofy (first name Geditt, but was known as G)
S. Pidd (first name Stewart, but preferred Stew)
M. Oron (First name Muppett, but simply preferred M)
B. Woogy (first name Boogy)

(not meant to cause any offence - But to the OP I really do understand the frustration when being in any hold system, whether that be live chat or via the phone. I hope your issue(s) was/were resolved).

Community Veteran

I suppose business customers queue jump.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

"I suppose business customers queue jump"

Different number perhaps? 

I certainly had a different line of communication through my business account at the bank. Always got through straight away and all appointments at my convenience.

Ah, those were the days.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Different number perhaps? 

In the cost cutting world of plusnet.Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

billnotben wrote:

....business customers queue jump.

My recent experience was that business customers have a longer wait, despite paying more.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

@DS You forgot to mention Cupid Stunt from the Kenny Everett show who took up call centre work after her film career (all of course done in the best possible taste) ended.

In the early days of overseas call centres they tried to hide their location by pretending to be Brian based in Bury.

DS
Pro

Yes, I have to admit I'd forgotten that particular name, though I almost posted several others, that, shall we say were more for an adult only audience....

It's odd you mention overseas call centres, as some of these overseas call centres still use these types of names, though sadly they tend to be from the Windows Advisory Not Kind Experts Ruining Systems team, whom try to fleece those whom don't realise they're getting scammed out of as much money (and data) that they can! And that's not done in the best possible taste!!