cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sport for christmaa

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Sport for christmaa

Got an email from PN, and surprised no-one has commented yet. BT sport for £5.99 a month. On Sky. So that will be a threeway collaboration between  PN,SKY and BT.
Oh the opportunities for cock-ups here!
And more to come;  " Don't have Sky? Don't worry. Just watch this space - we've got a big announcement coming. " Grin
8 REPLIES
pwatson
Rising Star

Re: Sport for christmaa

Community Veteran

To be honest, I really have no interest on football, which is the main content of most sport channels.  I only noticed this because I got an email.
I'm just curious about what's happening next?  I subscribe to sky, under protest because the wife ' had to have it'. If Plusnet are going that route I would be very interested.
RichAllen
Grafter

I stopped caring about football years ago, the last football match I attended was Grimsby Town vs Stoke City at Blundell Park in 1994 and I only went to that because I was bored one Saturday afternoon at College.

Fixes: 47

I stopped caring about football 52 years ago while standing at the edge of the school football field on a freezing winters day in football kit watching everyone else run around. Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro

I never understood why people would willing waste time or money watching sports, the odd big event (like the Olympics or world championship events) sure, but to me unless I'm taking part in a sport its never held any great allure...
quite why people waste obscene amounts of money to be at a venue is utterly beyond me (rather like the way the ludicrous wages are justified for footballers) if anything out of protest against such vulgarity I refuse to even watch them on freeview channels nevermind paying for them  Cool

however if PlusNet started to offer there fibre customers a similar TV package (entertainments wise)  to the one sky currently does at a cheaper price I'd certainly be interested, but for some reason all such ventures seem to be wholly limited to "sports" or free access services like BBC Iplayer/ITVplayer .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
RichAllen
Grafter

If Plusnet did TV, with a better selection of channels than Virgin Media or Talk Talk, I'd definitely strongly consider cancelling Sky, for the right price of course.
Talk Talk TV would cost me £7 a month for the basic package, because I have a Talk Talk landline, but because I watch WWE, I'd have to spend an extra £30 a month to get Sky Sports, however even then it's still £23 a month cheaper than a full Sky package.
PowerLee
Rising Star

Im also waiting to see what Plusnet will offer for the YouView package as im getting annoyed with Virgin always putting there prices up.
I was looking to freeview with a new pvr recorder BUT ill wait a bit & see what Plusnet are going to use for the YouView equipment.
nanotm
Pro

for me 99% of what I watch is on sy-fy, sky-atlantic, sky-living, fox, sky-1 and movies, back in the day when it was called NTL I used to get the same channels on cable for half what sky charge, sadly though now there the only way of getting to watch those programs .....if PlusNet offered a package that gave those channels + the kids stuff and the cooking channels I'd probably switch providers for TV service, well so long as the price point was good enough.......tbh I don't understand why sky are still keeping there channels for themselves now that its actually cheaper to pipe the tv signals down the phone lines than it is to operate satellite systems ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you