Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spooky

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Spooky

Halloween House 'Too Spooky' For Children
A man has been told by police to tone down his Halloween decorations after a display of disembowelled corpses made a child cry.
James Creighton, 25, has decorated the outside of his house with skeletons, bloodied corpses and cobwebs in a display dubbed Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
The bar owner transforms his house in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, every year to raise money for Cancer Research UK in memory of his grandmother who died from the disease in 2009.
But he had a nasty shock when two police officers knocked on his door to tell him a parent had complained it was frightening children.

http://news.sky.com/story/1156051/halloween-house-too-spooky-for-children
My question Is this. It's to spooky but Its OK for children to be spooky and become a nuisance to some?
10 REPLIES
RichAllen
Grafter

Re: Spooky

Kids should be allowed to go trick or treating IMO, just under very strict adult supervision.
Although the whole Halloween thing itself is much bigger over in the US than it is here.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yet the rozzers let kids go round every year harrassing innocent residents demanding freebies?
I iwent trick or treating as a kid and yeah every now and then we'd get the trick.. the most memorable was our mates running out after us with supersoakers  Grin
Whats wrong with this householders trick? - If it scares away the kids then thats part of the event isn't it.
To be honest though, we don't get involved in it anymore. Last year we hid with all the lights off and all the little brats passed us by lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
CX
Grafter

What a sad petty person this parent must be. No doubt with this kind of upbringing the little cherub runs riot at home and at school.
I guess I'd better apologise now too - wouldn't want them calling the police because of hurtful "online bullying" from the Plusnet Forums.
Fixes: 125

I simply refuse to answer the door that night.
I detest the concept of trick or treating. Don't remember it being as prevalent here when I was a child in the 60's and 70's Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Last year I was very glad we ignored it. The first lot knocked and having completely forgotten I answered the door like a mug.. 6 kids there... luckily I had a multipack of sprite so they got a can each and left me short for the week. Thats when we turned off the lights.
10 minutes later crowd after crowd came past and they were big too - it was almost like a school trip round the neighbourhood there were so many. I'd never seen so many of them trick or treating - so many they were walking in the road with the responsible adults  Crazy
That could have been mighty expensive!
When is halloween dodge night this year?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Its just stoopid, My child was scared to sit on Santa's lap but I didn't call the police on him lol
Community Veteran

To be fair, as a kid I was frightened of sitting on santas lap too.. some weird fat guy with a beard dressed in a red suit...
You just don't know who he could be:
Steve
Seasoned Pro

But did you or your parent call the police on Santa?
Community Veteran

No.. but according to the photo above someone did  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Lets see...Old guy, white beard?? Hmmm, now then...who does that remind me off?  Angry