Aspiring Pro

Re: Split View, two Channels at once.

What is your point, @RobPN.?

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@rEUnite 

I would have thought it was fairly obvious, but to make it clearer for you, I wonder why it is that people stay here, and even return, if they don't like it?

Much as my reply to you a few days ago when you stated this was a "third-rate forum populated by knuckle-dragging brexit-voters supporters".  Now then, wasn't that totally unprovoked and uncalled for?  Roll_eyes

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero

@rEUnite wrote:

Given the nastiness we frequently see from a few of the regulars on this board, closing it down seems to be the sensible choice I'm afraid.

@rEUnite 

I can think of several previous members of the forum who've also been labelled as trouble-makers by quite a few other regular members (who themselves seem to rub along just fine for the most part), who've suggested the same thing you're proposing.

It was apparent at the time that those people had a hidden agenda, part of which was to get the forum, especially General Chat, closed down.

Most of those people eventually left (or were perhaps banned?), but some were strongly suspected of rejoining under new names.

The names of some of those previous 'trouble-makers' that spring to mind were;

'AlanJ'

'notinmyname'

'happihijabi'

'RobC'  (who is still listed as a member)

Other members will probably recall more names.

All of those people didn't like it when people stood up to their provocative views posting and always resorted to over-playing the bullying card.

Oh, and strangely they then started calling for the forum to be closed down.  Roll_eyes

Just saying.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

@RobPN wrote:

@rEUnite 

I would have thought it was fairly obvious, but to make it clearer for you, I wonder why it is that people stay here, and even return, if they don't like it?

Maybe they hope that things will improve. I guess only they know. But whether they stay or return, neither justifies the constant attacks by some of the regulars here.

@RobPN wrote:

Much as my reply to you a few days ago when you stated this was a "third-rate forum populated by knuckle dragging brexit-voters".  Now then, wasn't that totally unprovoked and uncalled for?  

Unprovoked? Given the constant baiting and attacks from you and others whenever I have posted since joining this forum, no. There has been a very large amount of provocation.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

@RobPN wrote:

@rEUnite 

I can think of several previous members of the forum who've also been labelled as trouble-makers by quite a few other regular members (who themselves seem to rub along just fine for the most part), who've suggested the same thing you're proposing.

In my opinion the fact that they have been 'labelled as trouble-makers by quite a lot of the other regular members' says a lot about those other members and their inability or unwillingness to allow different views and opinions to be expressed on this board.

I am not 'proposing' anything - simply suggesting that there is no point repeatedly threatening to close the board if that action is not taken when the conditions that brought about that threat continue.

@RobPN wrote:

All of those people didn't like it when people stood up to their provocative views posting and always resorted to over-playing the bullying card.

Interesting that you put views with a strikethrough. That is a tactic you often use when writing something provocative. I suppose it's meant to be an 'I didn't say that, that's why it was crossed out' excuse while still leaving it there. Underhand, nasty and just stirring trouble.

@RobPN wrote:

Just saying.

I believe very little of what you have written is 'just saying'. It is stirring trouble while trying to look innocent, and it doesn't wash.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero

@rEUnite wrote:

@RobPN wrote:

Much as my reply to you a few days ago when you stated this was a "third-rate forum populated by knuckle dragging brexit-voters".  Now then, wasn't that totally unprovoked and uncalled for?  

Unprovoked? Given the constant baiting and attacks from you and others whenever I have posted since joining this forum, no. There has been a very large amount of provocation.

Unfortunately you don't see yourself as the provocteur that others do.

And yet here we are, less than a month after you joining a relatively laid-back and generally 'friendly' forum and you're calling for it to be closed down.  Roll_eyes

I rest my case.

Highlighted
Pro

There may well have been provocative posts from both sides but it does not mean that they demand a response. If inflammatory comments are ignored what is the point in posting them, ignoring them can only lead to a better place for everyone.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 27

I agree, @Mook , hence why I am trying very hard not to respond on some threads, but sometimes.............. 😉

John
Highlighted
Rising Star

@Lægen wrote:

I find Split View very useful at the moment for keeping an eye on BBC TV News & Sky News at the same time, two independent windows, with Audio.

On a busy News day, Split View comes into it's own.

Listen to one News channel, keep an eye on the other.

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 22.36.43.jpg