cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splash.. or should that be Crash?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Splash.. or should that be Crash?

Well I watched a few minutes of this on Saturday evening.. to put it mildly, I was a little disappointed. Sure they have some talented divers there but is that really all they're basing a whole show on at ITV? - Incredible!
Then today I spot this (credit to the Daily Star):

Ratings held firm for the first series despite it being panned by critics, with 5.3million people watching the final.
The second series launched with 4.9million but viewers have deserted it week on week and it hit a low last Saturday of just 3.6million.
ITV insiders now claim the show, starring Olympic star Tom, 19, will be dropped if ratings sink below 3million

Something is seriously wrong with ITV if they think that they can base a whole show around jumping off a board into a swimming pool like that. There simply isn't enough variety and in a nation that has an expanding waist line, I don't see many 'fatties' taking an interest to be honest. Few fat people are going to strip off and go swimming based on a TV show!
Now Gladiators on the other hand was a huge hit on ITV a couple of decades back. I know Sky tried to rehash it but they didn't do it with the same style that ITV once did. If ITV were to bring back Gladiators Saturday night TV would be so much better! I'm not even a sports fan but I wouldn't miss the Gladiators on ITV as it always had variety every week. Sure some of the games could get a bit boring but there were always different things going on such as the wolfman and his threats against the audience and the referee. It made great TV.
Those were the days..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Splash.. or should that be Crash?

If all the contestants were women of various interesting shapes and sizes, it would be a lot more interesting but I agree - it is getting a little boring now.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Caught five minutes of it, at a friends house, just now.... cannot understand why that foul mouthed bigotted female with the red hair knows about diving skills and techniques to be able ot judge others...
I don`t watch "strictly come prancing." nor "slippery on ice",... but at least they have some "experts" on the judeges desk....
as for boring.... I am amazed that so many people watched it.... for so long, to give it a second run.... You would think that, with over 100 tv channels, there MUST be something better on at the same time on another channel?
Community Veteran

I think I'd rather watch re-runs of trapdoor on saturday lol:
Fixes: 125

Quote from: shutter
You would think that, with over 100 tv channels, there MUST be something better on at the same time on another channel?
You serious  Cheesy
Can't stand any of these 'reality' programmes. Ok, I admit to liking SCD but didn't watch much of it last year.
"strictly come prancing."  "slippery on ice"

Grin Grin Grin

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

cannot understand why that foul mouthed bigotted female with the red hair knows about diving skills and techniques to be able ot judge others...

Jo Brand couldn't do a dive as all the water would have done a runner before she touched the surface.....what she knows about diving is anyone's guess.
Was she an Olympic medallist in days gone by.... Undecided
Oh I see...she's a registered mental nurse.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
Oh I see...she's a registered mental nurse.

Who coped with life so well herself she became an alcoholic and 5 years later had to be given a book on the last 5 years events because she had no memory of them - and yes she publicly admitted it years ago before anyone asks.
Community Veteran

A thought just kicked in.......
Is she any relation to that other loud mouth ignorant long haired .... by the name of Russel ?  aka Yonafon Woss`s  sidekick....
Community Veteran

I have to ask..  does no-body miss action packed shows with music like this?:

Just the opening music was incredible. What do we have now?  Cry
Fixes: 47

I used to watch and enjoy Gladiators Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Devonian
Grafter

Hang on, it's actually a programme?  Shocked
Community Veteran

Eh? What.. Gladiators you mean?
You not heard of it? - It was excellent! You didn't even need to be a sporty person or a fan of sports to enjoy gladiators, it was brilliant and so was the opening music which was very upbeat.
Or were you talking of that other dirty thing called splash where people dive into a germ infested pool of water pumped with chlorine to try and kill the germs?  Grin
Devonian
Grafter

Sorry... I meant Splash!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Steve
Seasoned Pro

A thought just kicked in.......
Is she any relation to that other loud mouth ignorant long haired .... by the name of Russel ?   aka Yonafon Woss`s  sidekick....
Nope no relation at all shutter.
Community Veteran

Well, I was fooled for a while, then