cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spiders

Community Veteran

Spiders

This has happened me several times over the past few months but it was particularly bad last night. As I was in bed watching tv a large spider crawled up the wall right beside me. I quickly killed the spider and threw it out the window without thinking any more about it. As I was just falling to sleep a little later I saw several very large spiders on the wall again right beside me so I quickly jumped out of bed, fell over my drum kit and turned on the light only to find that my mind was playing tricks on me and there was no spiders at all! This happened 3 times before I finally got to sleep very late and spent all day in work exhausted as a result. I have no real fear of spiders but I don't want them crawling on me when I am asleep and I know by talking about it now I am inviting more imaginary spiders tonight.
Has anyone ever had similar problems?
On a similar subject and quite funny I once asked a friend of mine (after he had just chased a mouse and stood on it) why he was afraid of spiders and not mice when mice can obviously inflict more damage. He replied by saying that he was afraid of spiders because they have too many eyes!
26 REPLIES
pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: Spiders

lots of big spiders around, we had one lastnight bigger than my hand i had to hit it about 5 times and it still tried to run away
Spiders drink moisture on your lips when your asleep, sorry to freak you out but they do
Community Veteran

Yeah, everything used to be bigger when you were a kid, not least Cadburys Creme Eggs! Spiders on the other hand are definitely bigger now. I have seen a few (not the imaginery ones) that I have been convinced must be posinous or at least not native to the UK and Ireland! Global warming?
Thanks for informing me they are after the moisture in my lips. I will just phone work now and tell them I wont be in tomorrow due to insomina!  Undecided
Community Veteran

Did you know the average household has over 20,000 spiders in it.
You are NEVER alone  Tongue
pcoventry76
Grafter

I hope mine dosent
My parents have for years been using a system that sends vibrations through the walls and drives anything in them away
My dad says they havent seen a spider or fly or anything in years, these little plug in machines are being sold on price drop tv
ive just ordered some.
Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of preeding post - it is not needed and is a breach of the link:rules
Community Veteran

I have had the plug in ultrasonic/electromagnetic thing for about 2 years which I have to say has completely stopped our anual invasion of mice (I live in the country).
Unfortunately the spiders do not appear to to be bothered by it.
TomP
Grafter

Quote from: seanbranagh
Has anyone ever had similar problems?

Not really, but if I release a spider into the wild from our house back at home my girlfriend hates it. She wants the things dead.
Whats that behind you Sean, is it another spider?Huh
Community Veteran

If you let them go alive they will only laugh at you and come back because you are a soft touch. You have to make an example of one once in a while so they all learn. LoL.
Community Veteran

I would try using my cat to keep the spiders at bay when I am aslep but he was long since banished from the bedroom for trying to smother me in my sleep by lying on my face!
Community Veteran

I have found that about cats compared with dogs. They are difficult to teach. I would never have chosen to get a cat but he just appeared one day and has not left since. That was about 12 years ago!
Community Veteran

I looked after my sisters 2 kittens a month or so back (4 months old). They had loads of fun chasing spiders, flies and moths around the house and being kittens, they went bonkers every few hours - very hilarious at times.
The only drawback was being woken up at 5.30am on the dot every morning by a paw on my face and purring in my ears. I discovered later that my sisters boyfriend gets up for work at 5.30am!!!!
James
Grafter

Cats are brilliant Smiley
pcoventry76
Grafter

not for all of us - they keep pooing on my garden and the ultra sonic scarer thing ain't working Sad
Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of preeding post - it is not needed and is a breach of the link:rules
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Check out this one that was in my front room the other day Cheesy

I don't mind em to be honest. 
Community Veteran

Quote from: James_H
Get a cat - they'll stop other cats pooing in your garden.
We have two, to make doubly sure. Grin

And interestingly, your own cats will usually ensure they do their business in other people's gardens - ensuring your garden is completely clean!
giggle
B.