cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed awareness course

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Speed awareness course

Having been nobbled by a local camera for a minor speed infringment, I have been given (and taken) the option to settle this with a "Speed Awareness Course" rather more expensive at £105, but my license is important to me job wise, and for reasons of being a bit isolated where we live, my wifes disability who would be totally house bound if I was unable to drive etc. I wouldn't be after this one which would only extend my tally to 6 points, but any more then my employer would start to become twitchy.
I recall a short while back through another police camera thread at least one correspondent mentioned having been on a course. I've only just sent off the application, but however I would be interested in the following:
Are those who run the course reasonably accommodating about time (of day) of attending a course?
How long does the course last?
What are the chances of a reasonably intelligent person failing it?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
2 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Speed awareness course

One of my neighbours was caught speeding in Aynho, last year, and she took the option of a one day course at Northampton - seems a good option to take. Can't tell you any more until I speak to her.
Fixes: 104

Re: Speed awareness course

My MIL had to do one, it was a half day course, she did hers in the morning.
They give you a choice of dates and times. Very easy to pass apparently
Will Moderate For Thanks