Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specious and Precious accuracy

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Specious and Precious accuracy

Your order will be delivered today between 15:18-16:18 Your order will be delivered today by Steve, your DPD driver. Please ensure that someone is available to sign for your delivery.

Such wondrous accuracy really impresses me. Aware of it, was I unwise to decide bot to go out this morning in case the courier was working to other than UK time. Equally \am I silly not to make an appointment that will necessitate my leaving at 16:19. Of course I am assuming that Steve is actually a human, (though why I want to know his nameUndecided), so making possible deliveries at wrong times, places and so on.

The alternative is Steve is humanoid piloting a drone!

Why on earth do companies come up with such rot?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
8 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Specious and Precious accuracy

Whenever I have had such a message from DPD it has always been delivered within that times scale. usually within the first 10 minutes.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

because a lot of delivery scams have been undertaken in the past, knowing the name of the person expected and the time frame of the delivery makes you less likely to get duped by someone, it also allows the company to track the employee responsible if you make any kind of complaint.

it might seem like overkill to tell you their name but its a lot safer especially for more vulnerable people to get them to open the door, or for a business /secure facility (like some residential accommodation) to prerecord the details of the person expected so they can get through the security screen to the point of delivery

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

What time did he deliver then? Huh

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
mikelahey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 10

In my experience DPD are one of the most reliable and best delivery companies out there. Did you know you can also track the van on their website and it tells you where are you are in the delivery drivers queue and where he's up to.

Luzern
Pro

PeterLoftus wrote:

What time did he deliver then? Huh

One minute early by my wife's Everwrong watch!Grin

I must say that there was an air of efficiency that is not seen in some courier reps.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I think i've dealt with DPD once or twice and must be said i've never had any cause to complain... so they must be doing something right.

The worst are XPD... they are utter ****. We've had so many parcels, lost, damaged, returned delivered late etc by them that its beggars belief. I kid you not, one parcel they themselves decided to send back because they damaged it, another they stalled because another box (one of five) hadn't arrived at their depot - so they kept the other four so that we couldn't start to assemble anything, that last box turned up a week late (and by that time they'd lost the other four so decided not to bother delivering anything - and admitted so on the phone) so that lot was then re-requested by XDP from the suppliers (strange setup that) and even that lot turned up late.. and a tad damaged.

You have to be so careful now who you order from because good couriers are so hard to find.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Excellent delivery service. Always within time and usually at the beginning on the time slot - they can't deliver early because their system won't allow  you to sign for the item. For my first delivery the driver sat round the corner for 5 minutes. The on line tracking is usually 15 minutes behind.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've found DPD to be pretty spot on with their delivery times, not the quickest from sending to receiving, but the deliveries are always within their estimates, and the van-tracker's handy, cos then you can keep an eye on them when you need to pop out for some milk... Grin