cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spanish Earthquake

Community Veteran

Spanish Earthquake

A massive earthquake yesterday in Southern Spain has damaged 20,000 buildings and there are 90,000 people affected.  The biggest quake registered 5.2 and this followed one of 4.4.
Spanish Earthquake
17 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Spanish Earthquake

Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
all ready reported here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,95760.0.html

hadn't spotted it but love the grammar again Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

then you will like this get stuffed,  I didnt go to no posh grammers school and this aint no university
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

This is the third major earthquake in different parts of the Globe within a very short space of time.
End 0f the world forecasters must be thinking the time has really come !!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I bet all those 'end of the world' predictors are really looking forward to being able to say 'told you so'........
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

that'd be a bit tricky if you'd been 'raptured', wouldn't it?
Community Veteran

Got this from a friend in Spain a short while ago:
On the midday news just ended the scoreboard was 9 dead, 293 injured and 10,000+ homeless - the army's emergency unit is down there, not to mention the Deputy PM, the Minister of Defence, President of the Regional Government and the Leader of the Opposition!
Apparently 80% of the houses have suffered structural damage but the army and architects are examining them all before letting people back in and 90% of the buildings checked so far have been declared OK so there's hope things will be back to normal quickly...
Fixes: 125

Quote from: walker23
I bet all those 'end of the world' predictors are really looking forward to being able to say 'told you so'........

Reminds me of Del Boy talking about one of the Driscoll brothers:
[quote=Del Boy]No! I mean, you know what they're like! A couple of years ago, some guru reckoned the world would end within a month, and Danny Driscoll bet a grand that it would! And he's the brains of the outfit!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: gleneagles
This is the third major earthquake in different parts of the Globe within a very short space of time.

Feed:- http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/catalogs/eqs7day-M2.5.xml
There have been about a dozen > mag 4.0 earthquakes since midnight 12/5 GMT (mag 4 is the level which property damage can be is expected). Today is a very quite day.
During the week before the recent Japanese event there were over 800 > mag 3 earthquakes.
Community Veteran

Don't forget the recent floods in Australia and the tornadoes in America.  Seems like there's a major climatic change happening Undecided  
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: artmo
Don't forget the recent fires in Australia

@artmo do you mean flooding? is it not the results of the counterpart of El Niño-Southern Oscillation (La Niña)?
Community Veteran

@ journeys yes apologies.  I have amended my post accordingly. The fires  were a little further back.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

or recent in the Perth area
Community Veteran

I have been in 2 earthquakes. One was minor but the other was 4.5 when I was in LA.  Fortunately they are well prepared out there and all buildings are built to withstand earthquakes.