cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spain’s first bondage hotel tied up by red tape...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Spain’s first bondage hotel tied up by red tape...

Don't ask how I came across this... round our way we had an adult (sex) shop open on the A14, with no near neighbours  yet 'locals' managed to make a fuss.
Should people be allowed to veto this sort of business, if so -why? Should there not be a geographical limit?
And where do you draw the line?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/spain/11025877/Spains-first-bondage-hotel-tied...
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Spain’s first bondage hotel tied up by red tape...

I am not sure if people have the power to veto a legitimate business providing it adheres to certain rules and regulations, even if the planning team at the council block it the business can appeal to the government inspector whose decision is final unless there is an appeal to the high court.
Personally I have no objection to such premises providing no offensive material is on view to people walking past the premises.
The best way of protest is to stand near the shop with a video camera, few people using such premises would want to be identified and if the shop was not used it would go out of business.
It is not an offence to use a video camera in a public place you would not even need to have it working, the sight of it would be enough.
Community Veteran

I personally have no problem with this, or any other type of business - providing they adhere to reasonable standards of common decency.
As for putting them out of business - why? Surely if there is not enough trade they will go out of business, and providing that clients do not impinge on the local residents there should be no reason to do so.
Sex is part of life, it's the reason we all exist. Not the thing we all exist for. I'm not saying we all get clubcards for these shops, but a little tolerance would not go astray.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Question......  If you want a "band aid"  ( sticking plaster to you luddites ! ! )... you go to a chemist/supermarket/village shop
Question ... If you want a sex aid.... you to ..............................................................?
TORPC
Grafter

I go to SWMBO Tongue
Fixes: 47

I thought band aid was a pop concert.
It's elastoplast.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TORPC
Grafter

In use, does that mean your plastered ?? Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: TORPC
I go to SWMBO Tongue

But  is she available, 24/7  ? ?    Shocked  Cheesy  Cheesy
TORPC
Grafter

Depends, when we get a free slot from all the things / people causing interruptions, which ain't as often as we would like Sad
But that is life that affects us all
Community Veteran

Order from overseas which arrives in a discreet brown parcel, complete with a customs declaration on it... so I'm told.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

if it was legalised taxed and regulated I wouldn't have a problem with it, knocking shops are required in society and should be allowed to operate legally, the prudishness of some people is the only real bar to such businesses', never mind that overnight the illegal sex trade slavery would evaporate which would a real win win situation for wider society Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you