Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space and Time

Fixes: 47

Space and Time

In response to this....
Quote from: 7up
Quote from: nanotm
wouldn't time always have existed ? maybe not in the measurement system we know it by but always it would of been present otherwise there wouldn't be a "time space continuum"

I can't believe i'm doing this... but what you've said has made me think of something..
If time did not exist until (lets say for instance) the big bang and time (as noted by nasa) is relative to the star of each solar system, that in theory means that nothing has really technically existed anyway.
Why? Because nothing existed until the bang which will eventually fizzle out and thus meaning that once all the fuel for stars has been burnt, time itself will also cease to exist and thus the universe was a temporary glitch of the great void  Crazy

This does my head in...http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=452817
My understanding so far, is that, at the root of quantum physics, we have discovered that matter (atoms/subatomic particles) does not exist at a single point of space/time until observed. Not sure if I worded that correctly, but is this in fact true? Matter exists everywhere and anywhere simultaneously, until observed, at which point it comes into being once observed.

So nothing exists until someone looks at it.....that's quite a thought Cool
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
6 REPLIES
WTF
Grafter

Re: Space and Time

Sounds like we need to take the red pill
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

As I understand it, this argument applies to matter at the quantum scale only. So matter on the macro scale shouldn't behave in this way. Don't ask me why!!  Hahaha
If you have a spare 20 minutes have a look at this. The most recent ideas dismiss the Big Bang as bunkum. Roger Penrose postulates a kind of continuum, which makes more "sense". Veeery eeenteresting! Actually this is quite watchable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM47acQ7pEQ
Community Veteran

What I don't get, is at year (approx) 378k there was  Recombination, Re to me implies that combination had happened before, yet it hadn't, or had it
Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@ Journeys....... only time will tell !  Grin Grin
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: nozzer
As I understand it, this argument applies to matter at the quantum scale only. So matter on the macro scale shouldn't behave in this way. Don't ask me why!!  Hahaha

No - the argument applies at all scales, it's just that the probability of anything happening on a macro scale is astonishingly tiny.
So we only see it happening on a sub-atomic scale.

Community Veteran

I'm still trying to get my head round "if a cat called Schroedingleberry claps (yes claps) in a forest and no tree hears it, does it make any sound?  Crazy