cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South Korea to launch 5G service

RichAllen
Grafter

South Korea to launch 5G service

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2545831/South-Korea-launch-5G-service-fast-users-down...
Could significantly increase movie piracy IMO.. All you need is a fast connection like this and a good Torrent client.
And no, I don't endorse Piracy.
18 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: South Korea to launch 5G service

Does not look good from the outset for potential privacy issue(s)
Chinese manufacturer Huawei looking at a 5G rollout by 2020

shalom2010
Grafter

I wonder how quickly you would use up your allowance or bank balance  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

But where is the link between having a faster internet speed and it contributing to film piracy?
There isn't one of course.
You could make the same (false) argument about ADSL and FTTC.
Terrible article.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: TORPC
Does not look good from the outset for potential privacy issue(s)
Chinese manufacturer Huawei looking at a 5G rollout by 2020

The MoJ recently banned Huawei broadband devices from it's offices. This is certainly a worrying issue.
The americans a few years back recently found that some of their military hardware had been infiltrated and chinese integrated circuits had been used in some bits of kit. Their policy is only amercian ICs can be used in their hardware obviously to protect their national interest and their weapons from being vulnerable to electronic attack / disabling.
Here in britain we've lost the plot. As long as we don't have to make it ourselves with horrible grubby oily machines, we'll use anything that comes from anywhere else that might want to invade us in the future - crazy  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Thunderclap
Grafter

Gangnam Style on 5G... can hardly wait... not
Fixes: 47

At least it's better than North Korea launching anything.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TORPC
Grafter

Unless the North & South have come up with a cunning plan with the south to extract & decipher all data & the North locates the weakest before they strike Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

5G?
I'm with Vodafone- I'd be happy if I got 3G. Contract is up for renewal, and they phoned to explain the benefits of 4G- I kept cutting them off, telling them it was the terrible reception. Oh what fun  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

That reminds me doris I've not had any phone calls from the world wide web department for a while about my pc sending out virus's  Grin
I do love toying with those guys lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
RichAllen
Grafter

I've been with O2 since 2008, started a new contract last May, and more often than not the Internet doesn't work at all on my phone, the annoying thing is I've took my phone to every O2 shop in Sheffield, including Meadowhall and Crystal Peaks, and they say there's nothing wrong with the phone.
TORPC
Grafter

@Doris
I am on voda for only the Friends & Family package which only costs £5 per month and voda keeps phoning & saying they can better the deal I am on now, after waiting for them to finish I always ask them what is the overall best they can do, they always come back with the minimum of £10 per month whether its for unlimited texts, so many minutes or whatever deal is on at the time etc.
Then I say I won't waste any more or our time as I only pay £5 per month and you cant better that can you, and some of them humn arrr before saying no sorry we cant Roll eyes Wink
Community Veteran

Quote from: doris
5G?
I'm with Vodafone- I'd be happy if I got 3G. Contract is up for renewal,

See what O2 can do for you.  I have excellent service from them and they are open to a deal if you press hard enough.
Devonian
Grafter

Don't forget O2 are now Sky!
I've been with 3 for years now, and I must say considering they have Indian and Malaysian call centres, their customer service is very good.
When using the phone as a hotspot on 3g I get around 8meg down and 3 meg up as well, can't fault them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: doris
5G?
I'd be happy if I got 3G.

2G would be nice Undecided