cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South Korea exchanges fire with North

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

South Korea exchanges fire with North

I hope nothing comes of this, but time will tell.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-34001126
12 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: South Korea exchanges fire with North

Tensions rising Mook North Korea prepares for war  http://news.sky.com/story/1539257/north-korea-prepares-for-war-as-missiles-moved
Community Veteran

@Mook, as you say time will tell. A latest update from CNN
CNN
I assume we'll have a statement from our own Foreign Office soon.
Community Veteran

The World really doesn't need this right now. I know there's never a 'right time' for war but having read all I have I suspect this is only really posturing and nothing more than a bun fight and it will come to nothing. Here's hoping I'm proved right.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Well, when a tinpot dictator with a bad hairdo oppresses his people to breaking point, denying them real-world information and making stuff up (sounds like the daily mail that!!), something's going to give, whether it's war with the outside world or internal rebellion & revolution, it's a ticking timebomb...
But, ain't our problem, they claim to have nukes, but their launches seem to flop faster than lettuce in a hot oven (and then they claim in their state news they successfully hit western targets to their often-lied-to people!!)...  Grin
nadger
Rising Star

I was doing my National Service when hostilities were supposedly ended in Korea and being relieved I wouldn't be sent there.
I did know quite a few chaps who were involved in the conflict.
Let's be grateful the North isn't as advanced as the South regarding tech or they would be a threat to us.
Community Veteran

I remember years back there seemed to be a somewhat amicable union between north & south koreas, then chubby chops came in and started swinging his noodle about and ruining the potential for peace, that part of the world is a pretty unpleasant place with people like him in charge...
Community Veteran

Exactly, not my first choice holiday destination thats for sure. How different it would be if they weren't still at war I don't know, considering they only have an armistice and not a declaration of peace. Maybe because of that it gives him something to do to alleviate the boredom.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Would not be my first choice for a holiday destination either, unfortunately there are many places that were great holiday destinations at one time but are no longer safe and the list seems to grow longer each year.
Community Veteran

I'd rather spend time in the atomic temple in Hiroshima, seems far safer than anything to do with either Koreas... Grin
Community Veteran

Peace talks are to take place between the North and South. Hopefully this will bring an end to the present hostilities.
Peace Talks
The current situation is so serious that China is keeping a close eye on the situation.
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: artmo
The current situation is so serious that China is keeping a close eye on the situation.

I think China looks on North Korea pretty much as a naughty child who keeps throwing his toys out of the pram; the chubby one, nominally China's ally, has become an embarrassment to them.
Steve
Pro

China is keeping a close eye on the situation as they don't want their borders flooded with thousands of people.