Sound advice!

16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Sound advice!

That could have been nasty Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

It just goes to show that you should always get a "WEB" review before going to a restaurant !  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I think thats just put me off using public toilets for life  Shocked
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

If you can find a public toilet!
Our local council has closed all of ours due to the cost of keeping them open. Never mind we do have a nice new modern dance centre somewhere in the borough instead.  What really amuses me was that one of the public toilet blocks was turned into an estate agents office. If they'd kept the arachnoid beings it would have been more useful to society.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

All coffee shops in th High Street have toilets Wink if you get caught short
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@artmo, You are wrong, not all coffee shops have toilets that the public can use, and wen thay do have a toilet that the public can use you must be a customer, or you are not allowed to use there toilets.
It is the same with pubs, you must be a customer to use there toilets.
Community Veteran

Perhaps I should have said all the chains of coffee shops.  Naturally you have to be a customer. I wouldn't want to be enjoying a coffee and find people walking in off the street to use the toilets, would you?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@artmo, It was the way you put it, as if any one could walk in off the street and use the toilets.
And no I would not like any one to just walk in off the street and use the toilets wen I am enjoying a coffee.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
All coffee shops in th High Street have toilets Wink if you get caught short

I use the unofficlal 'public' toilet... It's also known as McDon..  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I use the unofficlal 'public' toilet... It's also known as McDon

I'm with you, as a contractor who works all over the uk and not a big fan of the turdis or portaloo as it's commonly call (Doctor Who can keep it for me) my first act one scene one on a new site is to find the maccy's there always one within walking distance. I always re-pay my debt by purchasing a coffee.
In a way MacD have re-invented spending a penny but due to inflation it's now 99p, progress I suppose.
idlewis
Grafter

I never use public toilets because they are not clean and/or smelly.  I always wait until I go home and I do not drink too much whenm I go out.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'm glad to say that Motorway Service Area toilets have improved quite a lot on average over the past years as I'm getting to that age where I can no longer set out after a morning coffee and just hold it until I get home, especially if out all day on business.  If not on the motorway the McToilet is always a good bet.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Motorway services have improved much over recent years.  Their prices are still very high though Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: artmo
Their prices are still very high though Sad

Not for spending a penny!!  (thankfully free)  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.