cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry for Openreach Engineer

nadger
Rising Star

Sorry for Openreach Engineer

When I got up from my warm bed at 08.45 this morning I opened the curtains and, across the road, there was an Openreach van with engineer sat repairing phone line to neighbour's house.
It's 0C outside and there's still snow on the ground. Only chaps eyes were visible through balaclava and he was heavily coated and wearing thick gloves.
Don't know if he managed to repair the break but 10/10 for effort  Smiley
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Sorry for Openreach Engineer

It's always nice to hear a good story about Openreach as they are normally critisised for not doing their job. Well done Smiley
Razer
Grafter

Poor guy.
And yeah, I see so much criticism. I've never had a single problem with every OR guy I've had out. In fact, they've all been really nice blokes who got the job done efficiently and well, and sometimes with a bit extra that I didn't even ask for. With the amount of complaints about them I see on this forum, I wonder if I've just been lucky.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Be a number of people working in similar conditions such as Farmers, deep sea trawlers and other outdoor workers.
I am not trying to knock the OR guy but bet his average working conditions are much better than many.  Smiley
Razer
Grafter

There's some terrifying footage on YouTube of men in the North Sea. Think they are rig workers. I'll have to have a hunt ...
EDIT: My mistake, it was a rescue vessel. Looky.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks for that  Razer.... I enjoyed it.
Steve
Pro

I've worked in worse conditions than the openreach engineer talked about here, meh.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Yeh he's a wimp (if he complained)  Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nadger
Rising Star

Wouldn't know if he complained as it was me feeling sorry for him and, at 78 this year, I'm allowed to be a wimp  Crazy
Had occasion to ring line he was repairing and, as it worked, one assumes he'd done a good job in the freezing conditions.